Re: Sim won't accept proposal

by Abradley745

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hiya @crinrict,

Thank you for checking it out!
I'll just continue trying until she accepts, she probably is just picky.

Thank you so much Standard smile

Message 41 of 53 (1,310 Views)

Re: [SAVES NEEDED] Constant Rejected Proposal

★ Novice

Try making sure your sims know each other well.  Do they know each other's traits and career?  I had BFF, Full Friendship and Full Relationship with no success until I changed characters and saw that he didn't know everything about her.  Then got him to know her last trait and success!

Message 42 of 53 (1,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MarleyTheWizard wrote:
I have had the best luck when doing it on love day or romance festival and worst on Winterfest and new year.

another thing I have noticed is the buff about bad timing when I propose soon after they get engaged

It’s interesting you mention having bad luck on Winterfest and New Year’s, as the only rejected proposal in my game occurred on Winterfest during a party indoors. At the time, I searched the forums to see if anyone else had this issue as well, but came to the conclusion that it failed due to my sims not having dated long enough. Now I wonder if the holidays do unintentionally play a little role in triggering a rejection? 

Some have said they’ve had rejected proposals outdoors and accepted proposals indoors, but I’ve found the opposite to be true in the save file in which this problem occurred for me. My sims had maxed relationship bars, were in good moods, had no conflicting or negative traits, and knew everything about one another; the proposal was still rejected. I waited a few sim-days and sent my sims outside with very high needs and no negative moodlets. Once they flirted until they felt flirty and the context of the conversation was “steamy”, the proposal was promptly accepted. As others have mentioned here, I do think the sims’ moods and conversation context may play a role in determining the success rate. Still, I don’t recall those ever being a requirement for an acceptance, so I’d consider this to very possibly be a bug. 

Message 43 of 53 (1,183 Views)

★ Apprentice

My two male sims who live in teh same household with their girlfriends have been dating since they were teens and still are refusing every time and honestly, it's really pissing me off. They were rejected at teh romance festival, on a date, and in Granite falls on vacation. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. They know each others traits, each others jobs, they've even had whims to get married to the guys, yet, every time, it's a bloody no. And even when they were having a 'steamy exchange'.

Message 44 of 53 (1,138 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have had this problem for a very long time. after reading a few forums and such I've found a way around it... but the bug has me so upset every single time it fails that I refuse to propose manually anymore. So if the proposing sim has the geek trait and is outside,... it fails every single time. however, if the proposing sim is a geek and indoors... it usually works. only if the proposing sim does not have the geek trait is the outdoors thing negated. I now use an autonomous proposal mod... because of how devastating it is for me to constantly have it fail. So proposals don't happen often as the mod has requirements for it to take place. I don't even watch the proposals anymore either... I zone out as far as possible and listen for the yes or no music string. That's how upsetting this bug has become for me. My sim is polyamorous and has multiple partners... so marriage is a big part of his life (mod allowing for more than 1 husband). So when he has whims to marry one, and when pinned he says no because they're outside... that is the stupidest thing in the world. Marriage is supposed to be a happy time... in real life and not... but thanks to this bug... it's like Russian roulette, but with almost no chance to succeed.

Message 45 of 53 (1,085 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Constant Rejected Proposal

★ Novice

When I had this problem I realized that the two sims didn't know each other's careers. Once I made each of them "ask about career," the proposal works. Maybe they have to fully know each other's traits and careers before they can be engaged. 

Message 46 of 53 (1,054 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We think the issue may be related to Sims that have cheated with other Sims.  We're looking into that.  If you're seeing this issue and don't believe that your Sim has cheated with another Sim, please let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 47 of 53 (1,008 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimQARobo  I had this happen in two different saves and I just went back in to check and in both saves the Sims in each couple only had a romantic relationship with the person that did the proposal/was proposed to (ie with each other).  That said, one of the Sims was Father Winter, who has the childish trait so I actually had him propose and my sim turned him down (their friendship and romance was maxed and they already had a three children together with another one on the way). Her traits were Creative, Geek, Bookworm and his are Childish, Cheerful and Good. I saved right before he proposed, so when she turned him down, I exited without saving and had her propose to him and he accepted. It’s been a while (shortly before Get Famous came out), but I’m pretty sure I made sure their needs were all excellent before proposing. 

The sim in the first save that turned my sim down was also a Geek (as well as family oriented and a genius). My sim was creative, active and loves the outdoors (this was a save I reported earlier on this thread and it happened in a LP so you can see the rejection in action, though I expect that’s not necessary 🙂).  That was for a challenge, so I continued to play (I had got my sim the shameless trait just before she proposed just in case since I’ve had a sim die from mortification after having a proposal rejected) and he accepted the next time she asked (but that proposal took place at her home vs on a date).  

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer 

Message 48 of 53 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Guide
Have you actually read this thread.. its tied to an indoor/outdoor check tied to the geek trait or geek trait in general. I have had this happen way too many times. Every single time if the proposing sim has the geek trait and is outside it is always rejected, while indoors they accept. I have never had a sim say no to a proposing sim without the trait unless their needs are awful. And a large portion of my sims partners have the trait, as does he.
Message 49 of 53 (996 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Abradley745 @MapleSimmer 

Looks like we missed those posts.  We will look into those also.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 50 of 53 (992 Views)