Re: Sims Always Refuse To Accept Proposals

by catloverplayer

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/POSSIBLE MODS] Constant Rejected Proposal

★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me a lot, granted I have a lots of CC and Mods.

I think it's a bug, because I had a non-committed sim proposed by another sim, and he said yes.

Meanwhile I had a family-oriented and romantic sim proposed to another family-oriented sim, she said no.

I tried 4 times with that until I had the family-oriented sim propose in a bathroom.... and she said yes.

which is really weird and ruin my perfect screenshot moment.

But this happened all the time if my Sims are flirty and in a nice place, they will rejected.

when they are fine and in a really normal place, they accepted.

That's what I observed, I don't know if anyone have that problem, their relationship and romance are all max out. Their relationship is soul--mate, best friend, bf and gf.

The girl constantly thinking about rings, and have whims about engaged and marriage, and I have my sim ask her on a date and propose, and she said no....

Message 21 of 53 (2,130 Views)

Hero

Could anyone send their saves ?

Do you guys have seasons ? What's the weather like when it's refused ? Does that matter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 53 (2,106 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Constant Rejected Proposal

Hero

I merged some threads here (I'm unsure who posted in which thread so apologies if I tagged the wrong people)

@kathieeliza @che117 @skyemuu @DnBSned @catloverplayer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 53 (2,088 Views)

★★★ Guide

Looks like people's suspicions are correct. If this reddit thread is to be believed, Sims are only getting rejected outdoors. Once the Sims are moved indoors, they accept.

Message 24 of 53 (2,056 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've had no trouble with this

Message 25 of 53 (2,005 Views)

Re: Sims Always Refuse To Accept Proposals

★★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

Could you test the game without any Mods or CC?

If it still happens, feel free to make a new post in the bug forum:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Happens to me with no cc or mods.

Message 26 of 53 (1,994 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I see comments that this only happens outside; however, my sim was rejected when she proposed inside (I reported above and linked to a video where it happened).  They were on a date at the museum in Brindleton Bay.  I kept them inside because it was winter and freezing outside. They then had a second date back at her place and when she proposed the second time he said yes (but as I noted previously, one of his traits is 'geek' and I had them play video games before she proposed again).  Just to keep the details together, his traits are geek, genius and family oriented (she is creative, active and loves the outdoors).  They were already soul mates and best friends forever when he rejected the first proposal.  I'm not sure that my save will help as enough time has passed that they've now married and just had twin babies. 

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 27 of 53 (1,945 Views)

★ Apprentice
Mine too. I had the first proposal on a date in a restaurant and then once it was rejected, tried again in their home. My male sim was also geek, is there a pattern here?

But like I said, once I made it into a new save it worked fine. It seemed like there was an error on that specific save.
Message 28 of 53 (1,926 Views)

Hero
Added this as needs input to get more information to find a pattern for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 53 (1,869 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone

Would any of you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 30 of 53 (1,838 Views)