[NEEDS INPUT] Conflicting Terrain Restraints (Error with rotating lots)

by RoseLudaA

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lots placing backwards

★★ Guide

I also tested with and without mods and a game repair, no difference. I placed several lots from various creators in the gallery that used terrain tools and had a pool and they all placed backwards  on some lots (In my experience, it will place backwards on an opposite lot that it was built on)

Message 11 of 27 (1,630 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lots placing backwards

Hero
As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I forwarded this but not added to any list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 27 (1,607 Views)

Re: Lots placing backwards

★★ Guide

@SheriGR this is exactly what I'm experiencing, the lot will place normal on the lot I built it on or other lots facing the same direction as the lot I built it on, but will place backwards on an opposite facing lot.

I tested quite a few builds from the gallery on multiple lots and got the same results, also in some cases where there were multiple sets of exterior stairs, some stairs would go missing.

There also seems to be a problem with different level foundations and floor tiles placed next to them. For example in one build I was able to keep the pool and back stairs but had to delete floor tiles that were touching foundation in the front of the house to get it to rotate.

This is definitely a patch problem, because I also place my builds on multiple lots before uploading. I am also now seeing comments on various builds in the gallery about the lot placing backwards. 

Message 13 of 27 (1,588 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lots placing backwards

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01 @Mellowsimss @brenleedee @KlaireWaffle Can you please post the gallery links to some lots that you have found this issue on, for examples that EA can use in testing the bug? Perhaps also stating the lot(s) that you found that they placed either backward or forward on? Thank you so much!!

SheriGR Coffee cup –  I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 14 of 27 (1,440 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 15 of 27 (1,413 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I had this exact problem, but on completely different lots in different worlds; I placed a 30x30 lot meant to be placed in Newcrest on a 30x30 lot in Brindleton Bay; the lot was backwards and I could not turn it 180 degrees due to the exact error message. However, I found a little trick; since it was a square lot, I tried only turning it 90 degrees each time, and that worked completely fine with nothing missing from turning the lot 90 degrees, as far as I could see. I was able to turn it the right way doing so.

Message 16 of 27 (1,331 Views)

Champion

@paradiseplanet27 Thank you for sharing! This is helpful information also. Can you please share a link to your lot in the gallery? Thank you! 

Message 17 of 27 (1,309 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SheriGR Sure; it's not mine, it's a lilsimsie build here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3CE4F9932C0311E989AB26975FCF53D6?

I placed it as is in Brindleton Bay but it looks like it was for a Newcrest lot.
Message 18 of 27 (1,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01 Well.... the plot thickens. I just posted a new build to the gallery. It contains an indoor pool, the 'faux' steps in front, and a set of steps off the back deck. It was built on Civic Cliffs (Newcrest). It places fine on the lots I tested placement in in Newcrest that were on a perpendicular street and the opposite side of the street (Beach Byway & Asphalt Abodes) but it places backward on both of the lots next to where it was build (on its left and right) - Cookout Lookout & Hillside Highlands. Go figure. 
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/061B7892F44411E98636402B5B8C1890

Message 19 of 27 (1,276 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] Conflicting Terrain Restraints (Error with rotating lots)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any lot and place a home from the gallery that uses terrain manipulation (a house on a hill, for example). Try to rotate the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot cannot be rotated, and a message shows up that says "Conflicting Terrain Restraints."
What do you expect to see? I should be able to rotate a lot that has terrain manipulations.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I built a home in Newcrest that is situated on top of a hill, and I decided to save it to the gallery and place it in a different world. When I put the home on the Tails End lot in Briddleton Bay, the lot was facing the wrong way, so I tried rotating it. It wouldn't rotate, and I got a message that said "Conflicting Terrain Restraints." 

11-17-19_12-29-38 PM.png

11-17-19_12-30-04 PM.png

I decided to test this error by placing the home and rotating it on a few different lots, and the same message appeared. I then went to the gallery and found a random lot that uses terrain manipulations (the house was surrounded on all sides by raised terrain), and attempted to rotate it. Again, it said conflicting terrain restraints.

11-17-19_1-06-52 PM.png

In conclusion, if a lot has a hill on it, then it cannot be rotated in any way. You can rotate any other lot as normal, but if it was placed from the gallery and the terrain manipulation tool was used, it will not rotate. That seems to be the problem. This was tested in Briddleton Bay, Newcrest, and Willow Creek.

Message 20 of 27 (1,215 Views)