Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Computer randomly disappears (on latest patch)

by Kathykins

Original Post

Re: Computer Disappears: Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop

Hero
Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (1,305 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Computer randomly disappears (on latest patch)

Hero

@whatistmesis @keenow

Did either of you send something to the geo-council ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 20 (1,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Is the geo-council the people who identify rocks and stuff? If so, no. I did not send anything to the geo council.

I have however been frequently publishing books, if we're looking for mailbox-specific interactions

Message 13 of 20 (1,264 Views)

Hero
There has been some odd report in the past where sending something to the geo-council made the computer disappear.

Could you check if you see any relation to the disappearing computer if you publish books ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (1,246 Views)

★ Novice

This issue has been happening with me as well. I noticed that it would tell me that my sim had found an item in the computer ("Allison has found an item inside of a (LIST COMPUTER NAME HERE): (LIST SAID ITEM)"). My first computer got me a fossil and the second computer I got a squeaky toy. I also have Cats and Dogs, but my other packs are City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Halloween Stuff, and the other free stuff packs. I would really like for my computers to stop disappearing as my sims really need to work and get me money! Haha all jokes aside, I only started noticing this today so I'm not sure how long it was been happening for or if there is a way to fix it. I only have one custom hair downloaded but I do not believe that was the problem as there was a point in time after the download that this wasn't happening.

Message 15 of 20 (1,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello everyone!

Just to clarify, we have another disappearing computer issue in the following thread. It occurs after using "Send to Geo council" interaction.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sending-metal-to-National-Geo-Counicl-sends-computer/m-p/...

If that is the issue you are encountering, please click the "Me too" button there. We have been able to reproduce that one, and we are currently working on it. 

If your computer is disappearing WITHOUT any kind of interaction with the geo council, please let us know here. 

We are currently investigating this issue, but we have not been able to reproduce it yet, so saves are really appreciated. 

If you are willing to share your save files with us, please follow this instructions. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much! and Happy simming!

Message 16 of 20 (1,151 Views)

★ Novice
Hello. I apologize that this response is late (and the issue may already be fixed), but my computers were disappearing when I sent my author to write a Sad Story. I did not send anything to the geo council at this time.
Message 17 of 20 (1,101 Views)

EA Staff

@alliated

Please let us know if you encounter the issue again

Happy Simming!

Message 18 of 20 (1,082 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I've been getting this issue as well, it happened once when my Sim opened bird feathers while playing games. Computer and the feathers pile gone. I posted it on the forums here for the notification: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16613950#Comment_16613950

Message 19 of 20 (1,019 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am not sure if this is related at all, but I am playing the Zest household and Johnny's computer just disappeared. I told him to open a Time Capsule and then use his computer to work on his comedy routines. He sat down, opened the capsule, then the computer (and the icon in the action queue) vanished. Luckily (as it would seem) he can't yet afford an expensive one, it was the "How Low Can You Go Deskblock Computer". I just bought him a new one. Not sure what else I can add, it is a curious issue.

Message 20 of 20 (978 Views)