by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Computer randomly disappears

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs and all of the free stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for a while. Use the computer for programming a lot. It will eventually inexplicably disappear.
What happens when the bug occurs? The computer simply disappears off the desk it is on. Poof. No, it is not in any inventories. No, it was not stolen by a klepto. Yes, it has happened multiple times. The computer was not being used at the time AFAIK.
What do you expect to see? The computer to continue to exist.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is happening *on the latest patch* with an Origin install. I just bought the game a few days ago and it's really annoying to deal with disappearing 4000-simolean computers. I understand there was a bug like this that was fixed in the latest patch, but I am not doing anything related to fossils.

Message 1 of 20 (4,031 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Computer randomly disappears (on latest patch)

Hero
Which computer did you use ? Did you re-buy the same one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (3,941 Views)

★ Novice
I used the All In One Powerful PC, then when that disappeared I bought a How Low can you Go Deskblock Computer. Both disappeared.
Message 3 of 20 (3,921 Views)

Hero
Do you have more than one Sim living in your household or just one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (3,915 Views)

★★ Expert

hey. just wanted to say that i tried this with the Respecterion Mid-Range Desktop. i played a household of two Sims for about one Sim-week. one of them programmed every day for a long time. the computer didn't disappear. can you say for how long you played for? i can try again!

(i own Dine Out GP, Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP, Movie Hangout SP.)

Message 5 of 20 (3,907 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @whatistmesis

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 6 of 20 (3,861 Views)

Hero
Tagging @whatistmesis again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (3,800 Views)

Computer Disappears: Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, The Sims 4 City Living, The Sims 4 Get Together, The Sims 4 Get to Work, The Sims 4 Parenthood, The Sims 4 Vampires, The Sims 4 Dine Out, The Sims 4 Spa Day, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, The Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack, The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Upgrade
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See if any Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktops disappear off your desks when passing through various loading screens (Game load, travel, etc.)? I'm sorry, I haven't pinned down exactly what's causing it yet. I'm not sure if it's just loading screens, or if a sim was on the computer when the lot was left or save exited that it disappears. If it's helpful; this is a link to the house I'm using: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9F532B9B09A711E88C3233263BC3CA0F?category=lo... There should be a Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop in the right hand office on the first floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? The computer on my sims 1st floor disappears off the desk. (Ha! It is called "Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop". Rather fitting; this isn't a feature is it? xD) It vanishes completely as if it were deleted, it can only be returned by re-buying the item in buy mode. However, the computers on my second floor have never disappeared, but they are also a different type of computer. When returning to the lot via save load or sometimes travel (haven't pinned down exactly whats causing it yet) The Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop disappears off the desk on the right side of my the 1st floor study. I've noticed this issue the most when first loading up my save.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop to always remain in the same location I placed it and not be deleted unless manually done so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Extra Info:

I have had this happen to me as recently as today, 3/19/2018. I am up to date on patches.

I have tried repairing the game and it still happened (repaired on Saturday, 17, but had the computer disappear today). I disabled my CC (only Risky Woohoo), but I had it happen to me today when I loaded up my game.

I have not yet found a way to consistently make it disappear (unable to consistently reproduce), but notice it most often when I first start up my game. 

I am playing on Windows 10 on a Lenovo gaming laptop. 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

RAM; 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

P.S. I read through the Computer Disappears thread. I don't think my sims do a lot of fossil/digging, yet I do get a ton of pet gifts. However, I feel like I notice the disappearance most after a loading screen.

Thank you for reading!

Message 8 of 20 (3,653 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Computer Disappears: Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop

Hero
@keenow Merged your post with other report we had since the patch.

Would you be willing to share you save as asked by Icarus above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (3,633 Views)

Re: Computer Disappears: Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop

★★★ Novice

Hey, thanks for taking a look! Appreciate it. Forwarded my save to you and Icarus.

I also have my sims write or program on the computer often.

Message 10 of 20 (3,595 Views)