Re: Game seems to lag whenever computer objects selected

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I notice we all seem to have this bug after adding eco pack

[Edited bt CM]

Message 52 of 61 (2,077 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Computer pie menu takes a long time to come up

★★★ Newbie

I play on console and this has been happening to me. As soon as I press on a lap top or desktop my game goes into shock and I can’t interact with anything. 

Message 53 of 61 (2,047 Views)

Computer Pie menu delay

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack, every game pack except strangerville. Stuff packs: cool kitchen, spooky stuff, movie hangout, kids room, backyard, vintage glamour, toddler, my first pet, Moshcino, tiny living, holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I click on a computer or tablet, there’s a delay of about 40 seconds before the menu pops up. This isn’t game lag because no other objects have a delay and the game is running without any issues or slowness. (The toddler tablet does not have this delay but the adult tablet does)
What do you expect to see? Computer menu pops up immediately when clicked
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded eco lifestyle and the new patch

This issue started a few weeks ago around the same time that all of the NAP eco lifestyle bugs started happening in my game. Now that I’ve disabled NAPs and NPC voting and gotten rid of those issues, this bug is really starting to bother me. Whenever I click on a computer the menu doesn’t come up for about 20-30 seconds. Sometimes I feel like it comes up quicker if I rotate the camera on the screen but that might be in my head. 

Message 54 of 61 (1,959 Views)

Sims computers Unusable...

★★★★★ Apprentice

My Sims INGAME Computers are unusable.  Whenever I click on one, no options come up and the entire game lags.  This can be a laptop or a desktop.  Any fix for this?  

Message 55 of 61 (1,901 Views)

@yoblack  I've merged your post with the master bug thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post, and you can keep an eye on this thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 56 of 61 (1,880 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here is my experience with this bug:

When I click the computer it takes the menu takes 3-5 seconds to pop up

My current work around is to pause the game when I need to add something dealing with the computer to a sim's queue.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for fixing it Standard smile

Also, my guess for a possible reason this is happening is that some of the code has gotten into the game from Plopsy early and it was just overlooked, but I'm not a programmer, so I'm not sure if that is even possible lol.

Message 57 of 61 (1,830 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard that the July 8 patch (PC/Mac version 1.64.84, console version 1.28) improved this.  Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods)?

If so, is it improved when removing items from the inventory?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 58 of 61 (1,717 Views)

★★★ Guide

I always thought A slightly in the menu was normal, but if you find it slow, one way to speed it is to go to Options and set UI Sounds to 0%, since it doesn't have to decode a sound click or pop to play, this speeds up UI response time greatly. 

Message 59 of 61 (1,681 Views)

Hero

@SimQARobo wrote:

Hello.

I heard that the July 8 patch (PC/Mac version 1.64.84, console version 1.28) improved this.  Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods)?

If so, is it improved when removing items from the inventory?

Please everyone let me know if you still have issues with this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 61 (1,636 Views)