Re: [TO TEST] Skill building levels up two skills for teen (and resets one)

by Sketch793

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Today, my sim child was playing arithmetic attack, which levels mental and video gaming. Video gaming was at level 5, Mental was nearly maxed at level 10.

Upon reaching level 10, the video gaming skill was reset to 1.

Message 11 of 17 (1,361 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also this happened, even though the sim had already been leveling it. It completely reset.

skill.png

Message 12 of 17 (1,357 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Completing Child Aspiration Resets Learned Adult Skills

Hero (Retired)

Same thing happens on PS4 with the videogame skill when leveling motor with keyboard commander. The children gain video game skill and it'll be level 3 or higher. But as soon as the motor skill hits 10, the video game progress resets. I didn't check fishing for mental. 

Message 13 of 17 (1,344 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SynCode wrote:

Today, my sim child was playing arithmetic attack, which levels mental and video gaming. Video gaming was at level 5, Mental was nearly maxed at level 10.

Upon reaching level 10, the video gaming skill was reset to 1.

Technically the Video Game skill should only start after maxing the Mental skill.
The basic child skills - creativity - mental - motor - social - need to be at level 10 before any "adult" skills register.
Are Mods and/or CC involved?
Along with removing (not disabling) mods / cc the localthumbcache.package needs to be deleted.
Test the game to see if the issues are still there.

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

- EQ
Avid Sims Player

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 14 of 17 (1,315 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Playing the Sims 4 Limited Edition with the Digital Deluxe Upgrade on PC. Latest patch was Aug 8, 2019. I have all expansion packs up to Island Living and all game packs up to StrangerVille. I also have the Perfect Patio, Kids Room, and Moschino stuff packs. I have the free Holiday stuff pack but I don't have Grim's Guitar.

My Child Sim completed the Creative, Mental, and Social skills, and the matching aspirations. She was working on her Motor skill as the final requirement for the Rambunctious Kid aspiration by playing Keyboard Commander. She had reached level 9 Motor skill and level 4 Video Gaming skill. However, upon reaching level 10 Motor skill and completing the Rambunctious Kid aspiration, her Video Gaming skill was reset to the very beginning of level 1.

It seemed appropriate for her to gain Video Gaming skill since she was playing a video game and had already completed the Mental skill to unlock the Video Gaming skill. It does not seem appropriate for any skill to reset to a lower level. This happened tonight, so this bug is still with us.

Message 15 of 17 (1,283 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Sketch793 wrote:

Playing the Sims 4 Limited Edition with the Digital Deluxe Upgrade on PC. Latest patch was Aug 8, 2019. I have all expansion packs up to Island Living and all game packs up to StrangerVille. I also have the Perfect Patio, Kids Room, and Moschino stuff packs. I have the free Holiday stuff pack but I don't have Grim's Guitar.

My Child Sim completed the Creative, Mental, and Social skills, and the matching aspirations. She was working on her Motor skill as the final requirement for the Rambunctious Kid aspiration by playing Keyboard Commander. She had reached level 9 Motor skill and level 4 Video Gaming skill. However, upon reaching level 10 Motor skill and completing the Rambunctious Kid aspiration, her Video Gaming skill was reset to the very beginning of level 1.

It seemed appropriate for her to gain Video Gaming skill since she was playing a video game and had already completed the Mental skill to unlock the Video Gaming skill. It does not seem appropriate for any skill to reset to a lower level. This happened tonight, so this bug is still with us.

Exactly what happens every time - I generally leave the Motor skill and Rambunctious Scamp aspiration for last. Once the Mental skill is maxed, playing any kid video game will level the video game skill appropriately. However, it resets the video game skill to 0 as soon as you max out Motor.

It seems that the programming does 2 things incorrectly: It's "opening" the adult video game skill when you max out the Motor skill (should not be connected at all) -and- unlocking an adult skill is done by setting a skill to level 0, with no check to see if the skill exists. 

Message 16 of 17 (1,249 Views)

Hero

Child Sims will now be able to unlock the Video Gaming Skill after they have maxed out their Mental Skill instead of their Motor Skill, which was causing adult skills to reset for Child Sims when they completed aspirations.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 17 (3,299 Views)