by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Columns on non-current lots interactable in Build Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Vampires, Laundry Day Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From the Manage Worlds screen, enter build mode on any lot that has a nearby lot that contains columns.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once in Build Mode, look for the nearby lot that has columns, and click on one of the columns. Note that the item menu will come up, with the options to move, rotate, or copy. If you click on move, you now hold that column and can try to place it on the lot you're currently in build mode for, though once you attempt this, it will disappear and a message will appear saying "can't find item". If you click on copy, it successfully copies the column and you can place it on the active lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to be able to access column items on a lot I'm not currently in Build Mode for.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have no idea how long this has been a thing, as I've only just noticed it, and it's so obscure I don't know if it's been noticed by anyone else. I did try to find any other bug reports mentioning it but didn't see anything. Basically all it is is if you're in build mode for a lot, and there's a nearby lot with columns, you can click on those columns and interact with them, even though you shouldn't be able to since you're not in build mode for that lot. For example, if I'm in build mode for the museum in Willow Creek, I can click on the columns from one of the nearby lots, that isn't the museum, and interact with them. I don't think any other objects are clickable in this scenario, I've only noticed columns so far.

I'm currently working on recording a video of it to attach here.

Here's the link the video on Google Drive. Hopefully it works. Sims 4 Column Bug 

Message 1 of 4 (958 Views)

Re: Columns on non-current lots interactable in Build Mode

@LadyFryan 

Yes, I can repro this too, what a funny little bug! I managed to copy a column and place it on the active lot and extend it. I tried to delete the column on the neighbouring lot and it came up with the error Failed to compute cost. I also noticed that when you click on the column it disappears until you hit the ESC key to let go.

Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 20.47.27.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (880 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Columns on non-current lots interactable in Build Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

When clicking on the columns they hop to the lot I'm on. If I then click anywhere on the screen the column hops back to its proper lot.

Columns.pngColumns2.png

columns3.pngColumns4.png

Message 3 of 4 (763 Views)

Can Grab Columns On Other Lots In Build Mode

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most recent one, as of December 7th
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go in build mode next to a lot with columns and try taking the columns off the lot. You can sell them for 0 simoleans like they're a debug item.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can sell them for 0 Simoleans like they're a debug item. They also permanently disappear from the lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my cursor not being able to grab column off other lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tested this and it works with all columns, and in all worlds. This bug has been around for a long time.

Message 4 of 4 (683 Views)