Re: Collections keep reseting after IL

by arosev11

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Collections reset after moving/splitting household (Patch 1.53)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a household. Or split a household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Collection resets when household moves or splits.
What do you expect to see? Collection stays intact. In the past the original household kept the collection even if they moved. Now all households reset.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living

I moved my household consisting on one Sim and her cat to Sulani. I then moved her cat into her daughter's household. Her entire collection reset. She had all the plants except IL and all the fish except Captain Fishbones and IL. She had completed the fishing aspiration.

She has a large garden on one of her retail lots. I had her live there for awhile and harvest some plants. The garden collection data started to fill back up. She traveled home and it reset. 

I sent her fishing in Sylvan Glade. When she got home her collections had reset.

I often use manage household split to move pets or grandchildren between households. E.G. I move the grandchildren into the grandparents household and they all go camping in GF. Or a family pet might visit. Never had a problem with this resetting my collections before.

Usually I just ignore the collection glitches, but this total reset is really disheartening.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 47 (5,742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  this issue has come back for me. I posted on the other thread. I have a few save files I can send you, the ones that it was working on and the one that its now not again. Can't send from here so I'll send them when I get a chance. But sadly, moving a sim out has again caused my collections to reset. 

Version: 1.53.115.1020

Circumstances: so originally u had one sim who had many children. So now I use the Same house, play a sim, when their children are young adult I move them out. When my sim is close to death I move the next child in line into the house to play and all over again. In this scenario my sim had already died, I had two teens left. Once one aged up I moved him out. Don't think it had reset but not 100 percent sure. I never actually checked after that. After that I moved in the next child in line (to make sure the collections wouldn't be reset). So they still had the teen from the previous family. And the collections did reset here, i noticed when i got that music when she made some food and got one of the gardening items. But thats why im not sure if it reset with that move, or the move before it. I put everything in the inventory again. I moved the girl out once she became young adult. And they reset again. 

I thought it was fixed so I wasn't keeping track. But now i am again.

But I have a couple save files from when it worked and didn't work that u can send you tomorrow most likely

Message 2 of 47 (5,634 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

So I played some more and moved people out again. And it did not reset this time. So maybe something about that move triggered it? Maybe the fact that the sims had died and even though the children were left maybe the colllection was somehow tied to them? But just an fyi.... I didn't need to restock everything for a while so while everything was still in the household, I hadn't needed to put it all into any of their inventories. But I thought this information might be interesting 

Message 3 of 47 (5,591 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Collections keep resetting after IL

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 47 (5,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Just had this happen on PS4. I went to manage world's from live mode, moved a townie child to the household and then went back in to the active family. Their household collections completely reset. When I added the child to the household from the world selection/manage households directly after loading the game then load the active family the collections also get reset. I then moved the single child to a different household and then did the "ask to move in" interaction with the adult's household I moved the child to and the household collection did not reset. 

Edit. PS4 Version 1.18

Message 5 of 47 (5,519 Views)

★★ Guide

This happened upon moving to an apartment before Cats & Dogs was released. I think a new patch had gotten installed at the time as well. 

Message 6 of 47 (5,488 Views)

Household collections lost after splitting in DU

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino Stuff, and My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Split household, remaining household loses all household collections. Split household keeps household collections. Previously the household collections stayed with remaining household (or at least it did for me).
What happens when the bug occurs? Household collections get reset apart from what is currently in inventories of household.
What do you expect to see? Household collections remain as full as they were before split on played family.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have an 11 generation legacy game.  Every time the next generation reaches Young Adult, I split the household so that only the young adult is remaining. In the past the household collections have stayed with the remaining household.  After installing Discover University the remaining household now loses the household collections that have been collected.  I've checked with the split household and the household collections seem to be there instead.

I've tried moving just one Sim, and multiple Sims, and every time the remaining Sim has lost the household collections.

Message 7 of 47 (5,391 Views)

Re: Household collections lost after splitting in DU

Hero
@Lilly376 Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 47 (5,379 Views)

Re: Losing all Collections/Unlocks

★ Apprentice

This happens in my game when my sim moves into the dorms.  It seems like moving into a place with roommates resets your household for some reason.   She went back for a second degree and it happened again.  I didn’t have this problem when she lived off campus.  I’ve completed the insect collection for the third time now.

Message 9 of 47 (5,436 Views)

Re: Losing all Collections/Unlocks

Hero
@kps4sims What exactly did you get reset ? If it's mainly about the collections, it's best to post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Collections-Reset-on-Manage-Households-Split/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 47 (5,424 Views)