Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Collections Reset on Manage Households Split

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Collections Reset on Manage Households Split

★★ Guide

Hello, and sorry for a late response. I was on a vacation for two weeks so only now catching up with things.

I tested on several families. 

Case 1) A family of five sims, created at the game's launch, very old household. No new additions, additions have nothing to do with it. They have completed most of the collections in the game in their long playtime. Some of the collectibles are probably set on display in the house, some in the storage box in the lot, it's possible some were in inventory too, not sure. I cannot guarantee they even have all the collectibles in their possession anymore.

I went to Manage Households window and removed two of the sims into their separate household. Then I loaded back to the original household that still had three sims left. All their collections were reset to zero. I did not look at the Aspirations at all, so don't know about that. Talking only about the Collections, not Aspirations.

Removing just one sim did not reset the Collections, it needs two sims removal. 

Case 2) This is when I hadn't yet realized what was going on, so that's why there's the additions juggling. A couple with a teenage daughter. Removing just the teenager daughter into her own household did not reset the collections for the couple. Adding two random townies into their household and then removing them again did. I don't think adding sims at all matters, that's just what I did when I hadn't yet figured out what was going on. 

It's better to focus on Case 1 since there's no adding whatsoever, which makes it clearer. So: removing one sim in Manage Household does not reset original household's collections. Removing two sims in Manage Household does. Yes, the original household that had the Collections done, still living in the same lot they were in when they completed the collections. I did not even check the collection situation of the sims that moved away, I know they should be reset and that's fine.

No traveling was needed for the reset to happen.

Message 11 of 31 (2,012 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Collections Reset on Manage Households Split

Hero
Thanks. I'll test some more.

I did have some stuff disappear when moving my Sim into a house with another but only the stuff I placed in my family inventory or no longer owned.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 31 (2,002 Views)

Collections disappearing

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure can't look right now will update later
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, holiday stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household. Collect some items. Move a family member out of the household with manage households. When you go back to the original household, the collections are wiped clean.
What happens when the bug occurs? Collections wiped clean.
What do you expect to see? Collections still in tact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Having some collectibles within a household. When I go to manage households and move a family member out to a new household, then go back to my ori goignal household, my collections have been wiped clean. I know I can put everything into their inventory again, but this is a huge hassle and some items I no longer have. Is there any fix for this? 

Message 13 of 31 (1,966 Views)

Re: Collections disappearing

★★★★ Guide
@arosev11 Objects that count to incomplete collections will disappear from the incomplete collection if the sim that counted the collection leaves moves out of the house, any complete collection will maintain its collection status. You must have a complete collection. When sims move out they take whatever is in there inventory and if the sim has objects that count towards a collection that is not completed gold it will be removed from that collection. All new households start their collections over the collections are by households only when you leave one household you start at the beginning in a new households, older households should maintain any completed collection as long as it is yellow.
Message 14 of 31 (1,954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I left all the items within the household and I had 5 completed collections. I then moved a sim out  (who was NOT the one doing the collection) and all of it disappeared including the completed ones. 

The collections disappeared for all sims in the original household. I looked online a little bit and saw similar issues but did not find a fix besides putting everything into someone's inventory again. Which is a lot to do with 5 complete and 12 pending completion.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 15 of 31 (1,941 Views)

Hero

Hi @arosev11 

I merged your post with an older existing thread.

Do you happen to have a backup from before they were reset you could go back to and try again to see if the same happens ?

Splitting households always has reset collections. I'm not sure how much of it is as designed but in my eyes the original family should maintain the collection as you can also sell stuff and maintain them. So why moving out a Sim make a difference ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 31 (1,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you. But I did only move one sim out of the household and it still reset. So that's not an option either but still have to read the other comments.

No cheats no mods. Just had a family in the sims. The adult was doing the collecting but all items were placed within the household or the storage box. They had a child. When he became an adult I moved him out with manage households - just the one sim. Going back to the original household, their collections were all reset completely. Aspirations remained in tact. 

I did check on the child on a new lot, and his collections are still in tact (from being within that household, he doesn't have any of the items in his inventory).

Like I said I looked online and saw similar issues. It seems to be a glitch. The original household resets instead of the new one or something idk. But what I am looking for is any type of fix besides putting everything into someone's inventory again.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 17 of 31 (1,880 Views)

Hero
Added this back as it seems it wasn't on the list anymore.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 31 (1,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The issue appears to have been resolved in the recent update, as far as I can tell at least. My collections so far have not been resetting when I move one sim out of the household, I have not tried multiple however. But I do believe it has been resolved.

I did edit in my version number later but it looks like it never saved. Now I can't find what it was, it for sure was in the auto complete then and isn't now so unfortunately that's lost. But since the recent update that went through I haven't had problems with it disappearing after moving a sim out, or just randomly disappearing for no reason at all. 

Message 19 of 31 (5,837 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don’t think this is resolved as it just happened to me (again) yesterday.

Message 20 of 31 (1,741 Views)