by ShayminNasakura

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Coffins reveal shadows

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs released.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You'll see the shadows of other objects, and corners when the coffin opens or floats.
What happens when the bug occurs? Coffins reveal shadows of other objects.
What do you expect to see? Fix the shadow issue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is the issue I'm talking about. Plus, 1.52.100.1020 doesn't help with it.2019-6-18_ 12-47-07.png06-24-19_8-50-53 AM.png

Message 1 of 9 (1,087 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Coffins reveal shadows

Hero
@ShayminNasakura Forwarded this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,034 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ShayminNasakura 
Perhaps the patch released June 18th will help?
Game version 1.52.100.1020

I never use mods or cc and have the current patch mentioned above. I am not seeing this issue.

Coffin test

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 9 (1,016 Views)

★ Guide

It didn't come with this patch. I was having this issue before the patch and I still have it, it's like the top of the coffin is invisible or something, ghostly almost. I didn't know whether it was a bug or not at the time but it sure was strange. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,000 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You actually can see the shadows of the curtain.

Message 5 of 9 (979 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same odd bug in my game (both pre and post patch, pre and post mods), it can really stick out with shadows from the wall and even the other coffin showing through it.

Message 6 of 9 (972 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Could you write another bug report for this? I think they need more report this, perhaps that's what 'Needs Input' means..

Message 7 of 9 (952 Views)

Hero
@ShayminNasakura Find all info on the bug forum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just came across this issue in my game. The shadows only show through the coffin when it's animated, like when the lid is open, or floating.

Message 9 of 9 (722 Views)