by PansekshuElle

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Coffee maker using 7200 units of power on off the grid lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a coffee maker on an Off-the-Grid lot and accrue enough power with solar panels or whatever to power it. The one I was using when I discovered this bug was "Joe Jockey", but it happens with other ones. Take note of the power usage on your bills before you start brewing. Brew coffee. As soon as it begins brewing (after pouring in beans), check your bills again. You should see a notification that you've used up all your power and that you're now using over 7000 units of power on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Brewing coffee instantly depletes all power reserves, then pushes power usage over 7000 units per day. The lot runs out of power, and the coffee pot can't finish brewing. The only way to fix it is to delete the coffee maker in build mode. I've tried this with other coffee makers, and they have different, but also extreme, power usages.
What do you expect to see? I expect a coffee maker to use an amount of power proportionate to what it does, not 7000 units of power.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle

Brewing coffee instantly depletes all power reserves on Off-the-Grid lots, then pushes power usage over 7000 units per day. The lot runs out of power, and the coffee pot can't finish brewing and nothing will work again on the lot until the coffee pot is removed. The only way to fix it is to delete the coffee maker in build mode.

The one I discovered this on was "Joe Jockey". I've tried this with other coffee makers, and they have different, but also extreme, power usages.

So coffee makers will eat up all of your power and make your lot unplayable if you use them Off-the-Grid. They also use a pretty huge amount of water for what they are.

Bills before brewing coffee:

bills without coffeemaker.PNG

Bills after starting coffeemaker:

tiny eco house using crazy electricity.PNG

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,624 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Coffee maker using 7200 units of power on off the grid lot

★★★ Apprentice

Not only off the grid. I looked at my bills for power consumption while making coffee. Went up by 21$ while the coffe brewing itself costs only 8$.

Must be something simple to fix I suppose. (Oh, seems not, is known now for more than 2 years :-) )

Message 2 of 5 (1,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Holy. Utterly complicated to fix. ^^.

In object_CoffeeMaker_Low Line 678 and following:

<L n="client_states">

Replace the lines till

<U>
            <L n="client_states">

with the lines from:

object_CoffeeMaker_High

lines 678 till 737

Hope this could be part of the next release. A matter of some minutes, if the behaviour is not intended to have a cheap coffeemaker that consumes an inappropriate amount of power.

Message 3 of 5 (1,060 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@PansekshuElle This is needed to be fixed.
Message 4 of 5 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Guide

you managed to fix in 20 minutes something the developers haven’t fixed in 2 years. 🤦🏻 

Message 5 of 5 (1,026 Views)