Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Realm of Magic, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Go to Work, Strangerville, JA, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Stuff, Spooky Day, Cool Kitchen, Holiday, Grimm's Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a dishwasher and a sink in the kitchen, nothing blocking the sink or dishwasher, no items above either.
What happens when the bug occurs? Child sims prefer to wash dishes anywhere but in the kitchen where they are standing. They also will not load the dishwasher unless specifically instructed to, they always wash the dishes in the sink. They will walk all the way to another sink and completely ignore the dishwasher and the sink in the kitchen, the dishwasher is always ignored, the sink ignored probably 8/10 times.
What do you expect to see? Child Sims using the dishwasher and/or the kitchen sink when they are standing right near it to wash dishes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My child sims will walk a very long distance from the kitchen in order to wash dishes in bathroom sinks. They prefer to to wash dishes in these bathroom sinks over any other sink, including the sink in the kitchen and ignore the dishwasher completely. None of those other sinks are upgraded in any way, and also have a lower hygiene than the kitchen sink. This doesn't seem to make any difference to child sims cleaning up. As soon as they age to a teen, they use the dishwasher and the kitchen sink just fine.

The child in this image is about to walk down a flight of stairs to a bathroom that isn't even below this room to wash her dishes, when the kitchen sink is right next to her, and the dishwasher is in the empty counter space next to the sink in the kitchen. There are absolutely no shelves or anything above either the sink or the dishwasher.

The Sims™ 4_20191207215415.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 36 (5,186 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim wash a dishes in the other room

Hero

Sims no longer ignore the kitchen sink and dishwasher to wash their dishes in the bathroom sink. Okay.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

Next attempt to fix this.

If you still have issues with this, please provide the following info in a new thread

• What age groups do you have issues with
  • Upload your house to the gallery and provide your user name/name of the house you're seeing it in

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 36 of 36 (4,796 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Children Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwas

★★★ Pro

I am also having this issue.  The child will go upstairs to the bathroom sink after eating food in the kitchen to wash their dishes.

Message 2 of 36 (4,994 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Children Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwas

★ Guide

Sometimes I have this issue too, and it is not restricted to children, sims of all ages do that.

Message 3 of 36 (4,936 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here! Almost all my sims do this. Typically they go to a nearby bathroom sink. Almost never use the kitchen.

Message 4 of 36 (4,900 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Children Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

★★ Guide

Can't add "me too" anymore, but me too!! It's been like this for a while-- mine always go to a bathroom sink, and have never used the kitchen sink or dishwasher. I've tested the kitchen sink (just having them wash hands/get water etc) and it works perfectly. 

Message 5 of 36 (4,869 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Children Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

Hero
Going to change to Sims again as it seems to have gotten worse again with the newest patch and for all Sims

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 36 (4,843 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem (with children, teens and adults) and what I think is a related problem where the sim routes to a sink that is definitely not the closest sink to wash their hands after using the toilet.  Sometimes they literally walk past the closer sink to go to farther away one. Drives me crazy!

Message 7 of 36 (4,793 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Use Far Away Sink for Dishes instead of Close/Dishwasher

★★★ Guide

Same. I thought this had been better for a time, but now it's as silly as it was. Don't know if it came back with the pre Eco patch, but thats where i switched from building to playing more again.

Message 8 of 36 (4,787 Views)

Sims walking 10 miles (in the snow) to find the best sink

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a cheap sink in the kitchen and an expensive one in another room (even on another floor).
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will walk to the farthest, higher quality sink to wash dishes even if it's on a different floor and even if he has to walk past the cheap sink.
What do you expect to see? Use the closest sink.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Eco Life.

I know this bug was around before and was fixed, or cut down some but this is really silly. I have the new Eco Life sinks (hygiene +5)  in both bathrooms. One bathroom is another floor from the kitchen. The kitchen sink is the RAW industrial sink (hygiene +4) and my Sims will still avoid it like the plague when washing dishes. I don't know if it's specifically the Eco Life sinks. I will have to test that.

Message 9 of 36 (4,755 Views)

Re: Sims walking 10 miles (in the snow) to find the best sink

Hero
@nualla_6109 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 36 (4,720 Views)