by JCStormy2

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Child of Ocean gets sick from Kalua Pork

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Child of the Ocean sim and make Kalua Pork
What happens when the bug occurs? She gets the Stomach Squall debuff from eating fish.
What do you expect to see? That she's eaten a good meal?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the Island Living pack.

Every time my Child of the Ocean sim eats Kalua Pork she gets the Stomach Squall debuff from eating fish. Pork is not fish and this meal uses pineapples.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 22 (6,345 Views)

Re: Kalua Pork Does Not Contain Fish

Champion (Retired)

Try removing (not disabling) mods / cc and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Test the game to see if the issues are still there.

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

- EQ
Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.52.100.1020
All content installed thru Island Living.
PC / Win 7
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 22 (6,260 Views)

Hero
@JCStormy2 What other traits does the Sim have ? Wasn't able to duplicate this with a child of the ocean Sim.

Is the Sim a mermaid or normal Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 22 (6,251 Views)

★ Guide

She's a plain old human sim on that volcano lot Mua Pel'Am with Off the Grid, Volcanic Activity and Homey turned on. She has Self-Assured, Loves the Outdoors and Child of the Ocean in her personal traits if that makes any difference.

Message 4 of 22 (6,240 Views)

Hero
@JCStormy2 did you newly create her or was she any kind of occult before or had different traits ?

Did you try deleting cache ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 22 (6,233 Views)

★ Guide

Seems like deleting the cache (again; twice since this began) did the trick. She's being normal with the Kalua Pork now.

Thanks. Standard smile

Message 6 of 22 (6,211 Views)

Child of Ocean getting stomach squall when eating Kalua Pork

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack published before 7/31/2019 except Fitness Stuff and My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim that has trait Child of the Ocean and make that sim eat Kalua Pork. x
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets the Stomach Squall debuff from "eating fish" when they have been eating pork, not fish.
What do you expect to see? My sim not confusing fish with pork even though some confuse chicken and tuna, but my sims should be smarter than that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I used to have most recent version of MC Command Center installed, but no other mods/CC. 

What I have tried so far to fix this issue, without any success:

-Removing all mods/cc and clearing cache files after that and cleaning up sims fridge from old food, then cooking new dish of Kalua Pork.

-Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling

-Repairing game via Origin

-Starting a new game I created a sim that has traits Child of the Island, Child of the Ocean and Nature Lover, moved her to Sulani, EA prebuilt lot. Made her cook Kalua Pork ---> She has tummy upset because she ate fish. 

-Restarting my computer multiple times

-Checking that my PC is powerful enough to run The Sims 4. Yes, it also runs both The Sims 4 and The Sims 3 simultaneously, so that's not an issue. No, I don't play like that but when I got this computer, I had to check :D

I have saved a game with this issue and can provide it for tests if needed. 

Message 7 of 22 (6,062 Views)

Re: Child of Ocean getting stomach squall when eating Kalua Pork

Hero
@riverx2bananas Merged your post with existing thread.

The OP was able to solve it by repairing the game so maybe try that again ?

I haven't been able to replicate either so could you give some more info about the Sims you used ?

What other traits did you give them ? Did you do the test with the new Sim/save after the factory reset ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (6,054 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict In my previous post you can see all that I have tried and also traits of my sim, but I will repeat them here just to make sure.

-I have tried resetting to factory settings and it didn't work. Resetting to factory settings includes playing game with factory settings/new game save without any old saves or other files in documents/The Sims 4 folder.
-I have tried repairing game and playing it then also using factory settings in totally new The Sims 4 folder without any customization by me.

Traits of my sim are Child of the Island, Child of the Ocean and Nature Lover. All I did with that sim was create her in CAS when I started a new game, moved her to a lot and made her cook right away and eat. I tried first that Sulani vegetable dish (sorry, I don't have a name of that dish in English) and there was no issues. When she cooked and ate Kalua Pork, issues arose.

I have that game save saved on my computer and can provide it, if you want to check it out?
Message 9 of 22 (6,043 Views)

Hero
@riverx2bananas I currently don't have time to check out saves, unfortunately.

Could you try some other trait combination ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (6,036 Views)