by Ajr3485

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Child Sim is not attending school

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get To Work, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Parenthood, Vampires, and StrangerVille
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch Sims 4, Select a game (for me it was my saved game 1), play a game with children, make sure it's a week day, observe school days and children's attendance.
What happens when the bug occurs? While playing my game, one of the children sims in my saved game 1 started to refrain from going to school on normal weekdays. I tried the "Go to School" option in the Career/School icon and I tried clicking on my child sim to find the "Go to Grade School" option but it would not show up and the former in the school icon is not functioning for him. It seems this is having no effect on his grades, the principal's not calling, no new homework or projects, and the briefcase in his picture isn't flashing red or showing up at all.
What do you expect to see? All of my children/teen sims able to go to school and be prompted to go to school and for the game to react when they miss school.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have some images below for this bug. 

Message 1 of 4 (604 Views)

Re: Child Sim is not attending school and game is not reacting all of a sudden

★★★ Apprentice

Ok, I tried aging him up to a teenager and back to a child again in CAS with cas.fulleditmode and it worked but I don’t know if this is an official fix or will work for everyone.

Message 2 of 4 (582 Views)

Hero
@Ajr3485 Sounds like a random thing. Do you still have a save from before you fixed it ? Was it just for that one SIm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (567 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I did not think of saving a game before fixing this. Also, this was just occurring with one of my child sims the other child/teen sims were fine.

Message 4 of 4 (550 Views)