Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INPUT] Charisma skill fails to unlock Brighten Day interaction

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous GP: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires SP: Perfect Patio Stuff Free Stuff: Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Learn the Charisma skill to level 2 or higher. Note the message for reaching level 2. 2. Make sure your Sim is in any mood other than Happy. 3. Click on another Sim and check the Friendly interactions for Brighten Day. Note: The Happy mood also unlocks Brighten Day, so you can't check this while your Sim is Happy.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Brighten Day interaction is missing from the Friendly menu and all other menus.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Brighten Day interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I first noticed this during the Positivity Challenge, so I'm pretty sure it happened after installing the Nov. 13 patch. I normally used Brighten Day quite a bit, in all moods, so I'm certain this was a change in the game's behavior.

The Charisma skill is supposed to unlock the Brighten Day interaction at level 2, as shown by the message for reaching that skill. The interaction should only be available when your Sim is Happy if you haven't reached that skill level but after reaching level 2 the interaction should always be available unless it's on a cooldown from its last use. That is how the skill and interaction worked in the past but it hasn't been working for the last couple months. I'm fairly sure the Nov. 13th patch broke it.

Message 1 of 9 (2,610 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Charisma skill fails to unlock Brighten Day interaction

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

This seems to be fixed. I didn't see it mentioned in the update notes but my Sim does have Brighten Day and he's Very Flirty right now. I'll be checking for other moods as I can.

ETA: Brighten Day was also available while my Sim was Very Focused.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,873 Views)

All Replies

Re: Charisma skill fails to unlock Brighten Day interaction

★★ Guide

I knew I wasn't remembering this wrong!

You used to be able to "Brighten Day" in all moods, given your Charisma Skill was high enough.

Now it's only available when a Sim is in the Happy or Very Happy moods, even if their Charisma Skill is really high.

Message 2 of 9 (2,547 Views)

Hero
Added as Needs Input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (2,464 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
What input do you need?

This is very easy to duplicate. Just check the Friendly menu with any Sim who has Charisma skill at level 2 or higher while in any mood except Happy.
Message 4 of 9 (2,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

More people's voices to see how many are affected (bothered) by this.

You can find an explanation on each tag here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445297#M83544

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,315 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It might just be me, but I've been noticing the "Brighten Day" interaction showing up only when my Sim is "Happy." It doesn't show up if they are any other emotion, be it positive or negative.

For me, this change in behavior seemed to start more around the time of the Positivity Challenge back in October/November of 2018.

- B

Message 6 of 9 (2,309 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
The message from reaching level 2 Charisma, "Blaire can now perform Brighten Day on Sims." Blaire is currently Confident. She just started a conversation with another Sim and Brighten Day is not available. It's clearly a bug. She cannot perform Brighten Day.

This is important to me because Brighten Day is one of the socials that gives a positive moodlet to the recipient, making it one of the easiest ways to fix a bad mood that I only discovered when starting a conversation.

I have added the StrangerVille game pack to my collection. It has not fixed or altered this bug.
Message 7 of 9 (2,246 Views)

★★ Guide

Issue still seems to be around.

Certain Social Interactions have two ways of being unlocked.

Either temporary through being in the proper emotion, here's two examples:

Brighten Day for Happy

Slap 'em Silly for Playful

If the Sim is is those emotions, they can perform those interactions, but if they don't have the proper skill level, they lose the ability to use those interactions until they get back in the proper mood.

That's how it's supposed to work.

Now for Brighten Day, this interaction is supposed to be permanently unlocked at Charisma Level 2, but as it is now, even Sims with Charisma level 10 still need to be in the Happy mood to use Brighten Day.

Slap 'em Silly seems to be working properly.

My Sim could temporarily use this Mischief interaction at low Mischief levels as long as their mood is of the Playful-type.

But they permanently unlocked this interaction at Level 9 Mischief, which lets them use it in other moods, which is how Brighten Day should function.

Sad to say, Brighten Day is still broken, and it's not properly unlocking for all moods at Level 2+ Charisma.

Message 8 of 9 (2,133 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Charisma skill fails to unlock Brighten Day interaction

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

This seems to be fixed. I didn't see it mentioned in the update notes but my Sim does have Brighten Day and he's Very Flirty right now. I'll be checking for other moods as I can.

ETA: Brighten Day was also available while my Sim was Very Focused.

Message 9 of 9 (1,874 Views)