Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Certain columns do not fade in Live mode

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build/buy mode, Place the Stand Tall Column and the Stable as a Brick Column and then switch to live mode. Move the camera close to the columns.
What happens when the bug occurs? The columns don't fade from view, even when the camera is right on top of them. This is similar to a bug that we had with multiple columns that got fixed (see here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Columns-don-t-fade/m-p/6959372#M70046).
What do you expect to see? The columns should use the same fade behavior as all other columns.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New in Seasons.

No images necessary for this one.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (3,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Certain columns do not fade in Live mode

Hero

Though they are things of beauty, certain columns will now, indeed, fade away… when they would otherwise be blocking the camera in Live Mode.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,017 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Stable as a brick column doesn't fade

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1: Load a lot. 2: Place the "stable as a brick column" anywhere. 3: go into live move, and move camera near, or over the column.
What happens when the bug occurs? The column doesn't fade with the camera movement.
What do you expect to see? For the column to fade out of view, when the camera moves close, or over it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had never used the "stable as a brick" column, before, but after using it, I noticed that it doesn't fade as the camera moves close to it. At the time, I was using mods, but after removing my mods folder, the bug still persisted.

I did see one other known bug report, here but that report is for another column, so I thought maybe I should mention the one that I was using, also.

Message 2 of 16 (3,187 Views)

Re: Stable as a brick column doesn't fade

Hero
Going to leave it up to @BryonyRae if she wants to merge threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (3,126 Views)

Re: Stable as a brick column doesn't fade

Hero (Retired)

@BlueRafael merged and updated original post to include both columns.

Message 4 of 16 (3,070 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Columns don't fade

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think this is broken again, none of my columns are fading....or vanishing even when walls down

Message 5 of 16 (2,571 Views)

Hero
@yuk75 Moved this over to a more current thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (2,559 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks! :D

I hope this is back on the bug list to be fixed again? Is there something I can do in the meantime I can't see my sim through all these poles and I don't want to remove them.

Message 7 of 16 (2,523 Views)

Hero
@yuk75 Do you have the issue on all columns ?

A list of those still affected might be good

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (2,514 Views)

★ Guide

When I place a column it doesn't let go of it....so hard to explain it acts like I'm placing two but it doesn't show a second one for all columns. I have to press delete to get my cursor back and it sounds like it deletes. If I press shift it's fine but it's weird placing one at a time. The cursor sticks.

Broken columns:
Structurally Sound (Dine Out)

Stand Tall (Outdoor Retreat)

Stable as a brick (Get Famous)

Wrappers Delight Wrapped Column (Island Living)

Message 9 of 16 (2,484 Views)

Hero

@yuk75  

How columns get placed changed when they were changed to multistory.  So you have to hit a key to move on.  I usually hit ESC to let go of the column once it's placed.  You can only place one at the time now and have to either copy or select it again in the build catalog.  They also have an adjustment arrow at the top as well as a copy and move options there.  If you are zoomed in close, you might not be seeing that so I suggest you zoom out a little so you can see the entire column and command bubble at the top.  

On the broken columns.  I tested all 4 and the Stand Tall, Stable as a Brick and Wrappers Delight Wrapped columns don't fade out like the others do when zooming in.  The Structurally Sound column did.  Otherwise, they work just fine.

Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 16 (2,461 Views)