Re: Laptop Mode Switched On - Black Stair Railings?

by FlyingPotato659

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Certain Railing turn black in laptop mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs and All Game Packs. Majority Of Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Stair railings goes black at random every time you move the camera and zoom out. This only happens when the laptop mode is switched on.
What happens when the bug occurs? Laptop Mode is switched on - stair railings go black when you move the camera.
What do you expect to see? Stair railings shouldn't go black and I always used laptop mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the recent update, I haven't seen this before until now. I prefer to use laptop mode for better gaming performance.

Screenshot as attached. I prefer having the laptop mode switched on even though this can be fixed with laptop mode switched on.

@FlyingPotato659 Correction: It can be fixed with laptop mode SWITCHED OFF.

[Admin - merged consecutive posts together]

EDIT by Crinrict: Edited title to add name of railing, Added Tag

Message 1 of 13 (1,554 Views)

Hero
@FlyingPotato659 Does it matter which railings ? What colors should they be ? White ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,526 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, that is one of the pre-made houses form the screenshot in Willow Creek, the railing should be the same color as the rails on the foundation. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FlyingPotato659 and these are the only railings you're having issues with or does it happen to others ?

EDIT: I can duplicate it for that railing but others I've tried looked fine so I've edited the title to make it about these specific ones. Let me know if there's others.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,509 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  Yeah,, I just tried to change it into a different design of railing - it doesn't cause any problems.

Just seems to be that particular design playing funny. I will just avoid using that railing for now! Standard smile 

Will let you know if any other railings do the same

Thanks!

Message 5 of 13 (1,457 Views)

Stair rails texture problems

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Eco Lifestyle, all game packs except Strangerville and Realm of Magic. Also have Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff and Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put down some stairs. Apply the Shoe Rail with Square Newels in any colour. Zoom in and out and turn the camera a few times.
What happens when the bug occurs? The textures on the Shoe Rail with Square Newels freak out when you zoom in and out and turn the wrong colour.
What do you expect to see? The textures on the Shoe Rail with Square Newels to display the right colour.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.63.

Included my graphics settings in case this is relevant in replicating the bug.

rail5.png

Message 6 of 13 (1,537 Views)

Re: Stair rails texture problems

Hero
@eloquentmydear Could you please add some screenshot as well. The videos are insanely small and while you can expand them, it's very hard to do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (1,494 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, sorry I'm not sure why it's uploaded like that as it's raw footage taken in-game. Here's screenshots.rail1.png

rail2.png

rail3.png

rail4.png

Message 8 of 13 (1,468 Views)

Message 9 of 13 (1,464 Views)

Hero
@eloquentmydear Looks similar to this issue but with different railing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Handsome-Knuckled-Banister-turns-black-in-laptop/m....

Is that what you're seeing ?
That's the way the videos upload. I have no idea who thought that would be a good idea.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,419 Views)