by Bra1nBlast3d

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Caterers At NPC Birthdays Place Cake In Unusable Spots

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats And Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get in invited to an NPC birthday party. In my case, Bailey-Moon Manor was the location.
What happens when the bug occurs? The caterer places the Birthday cake on a spot where candles cannot be added. This means that the birthday party cannot progress.
What do you expect to see? NPCs (and Sims in general) placing the cake in useable spots so that the birthday party can progress.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This does not always happen, but it's very frustrating that it does. Even when placed on counters, sometimes sims will decide to put the cake on the edge instead of the center. However, that's a more general issue surrounding the placement of the cake.

I have tried putting the cake away and taking it back out with one of my controlled sims, but they put it in the same location.

Message 1 of 7 (1,184 Views)

Re: Caterers At NPC Birthdays Place Cake In Unusable Spots

★★★★ Apprentice

At least your caterer bakes cakes, the last two NPC parties I went to there was no cake. I tried baking one myself and the host got mad (despite the fact in the game he's my character's son).

Message 2 of 7 (1,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ellenmayberry That sounds like a different issue. You may want to make your own thread.

@Bra1nBlast3d Does it just happen at NPC parties and only to cakes or to food in general ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,122 Views)

★★ Guide

It only seems to cause a breaking problem at NPC parties, and only with cakes. Cakes have the unique requirement of being in the center of a table or counter. Caterers may place cakes on the edges of tables instead of an available center of a table. In the case of Bailey-Moon manor, it was the edge of the decorative table next to the dining table.

Since players can't move NPC-created foods when not at home, this makes the event uncompleteable without baking a cake of your own (which can cause problems unless you buy the Always Welcome trait).

Message 4 of 7 (1,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Bra1nBlast3d They actually can't seem to move them at home either, that's why I'm asking.

See this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-click-and-drag-food-my-Sim-did-not-make/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ah, I tend not to use caterers or have NPC cooks, but yes, I have seen that with NPC glasses of water or orange juice. I've also seen that with a cake an NPC pulled out of the oven after my sim started baking it (a fire happened in between). I assumed that was intended behavior.

As an aside, that link leads to a 404 for me @crinrict 

Message 6 of 7 (1,059 Views)

Hero
@Bra1nBlast3d Should work now, thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,044 Views)