Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Cars with incorrect shadows

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look in Cavalier Cove in Brindleton Bay by the small house. It should be the parked car near the road.
What happens when the bug occurs? There's a incorrect shadow underneath it.
What do you expect to see? Correct shadow
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sketch (9).png

example 

Message 1 of 5 (850 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Cars with incorrect shadows

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm going to re-use this post for all cars that have weird shadows (like the snow issues in Del Sol Valley.

I'm tagging it as needs input so we can collect data where there are cars like that.

Will add some pictures to this myself later

List of cars with the issue

- Pickup in Cavalier Cove in Brindleton Bay

- Pickup and two cars in Del Sol Valley

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (825 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Cars with incorrect shadows

★★ Pro

The shadow on that truck looks really strange! I will check that in my game, because although the shadows look kind of too blocky and opaque to me on that truck, I don't think it looks like that bad, but I'll need to check.

I edited all the cars in the game to be available in Buy Mode, and I use them quite bit for lots in my game, but I'll have a look around at the parked cars in the world when I play again. Sometimes I think maybe it's not the vehicles themselves with the problem, but just maybe where they're placed that the shadows don't fall correctly. It's kind of hard to explain.

But the truck is the one that has stood out to me for awhile now that the shadow underneath isn't right, like something about it was changed at some point. I know overall though there has been issues with shadows and objects since Cats and Dogs, because of some kind of alteration to how SSAO works in the game.

Message 3 of 5 (796 Views)

Hero

Here's some pics from Del Sol Valley

CarSquare.jpg

CarSquare2.jpg

Snow.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (779 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I see this in my game as well.

Message 5 of 5 (755 Views)