Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't write comedy routines

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: University, City living, Pets, Seasons. GP: Parenthood, Dine out. SP: Bowling, Laundry.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not really understand this question.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on the "write routine" action on the computer. The action dissappears from sim's actions list instantly.
What do you expect to see? That the sim starts to write the routine.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just installed Sims 4 on a brand new computer last Thursday. I have the latest version to that date (6 days old). 

My sim is in the comedy career level 5, and have the comedy skill level 6. Since the "write routine" action appeared on the computer, the sim has not been able to do so (not any of the lengths). 

I have read several other topics here but I have tried all that, and it can't be that the routines are full because the sim has never written any. 

I have tried to go to the library and use that computer, doesn't work, and also to go to manage worlds and then back to "reset" the sim. 

The sim has the joker aspiration so it's really frustrating. Would appreciate some help with this. 

note: I have installed custom content NOW, but this issue appeared before I installed it.

Message 1 of 15 (10,649 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't write comedy routines

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm going to mark this as fixed.

It might still happen because of this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Sim-can-t-resume-writing-books-with-a-orb/td-p...

Please use that thread if it's familiars/spellcasters related.

If it happens for a non-Spellcaster, please create a new thread.  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (9,784 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@lizafideli95 Sounds similar to the write book issue.

Can you write books ?

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (10,612 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello, I can't write books, but I don't have the skill either? Do I need that (Sim's option is write children's books, but can only practise writing). 

Also, my game version is 1.58.63.1010

Message 3 of 15 (10,588 Views)

Hero
@lizafideli95 You should be able to write children's books (especially since you have the option)

It's this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Writing-on-computer-not-working-properly/m-p/84162...

Try if selling the computer and getting a new one makes both things work again -- it's only temp though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (10,576 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried that, but it only worked long enough to write two routines (maybe 1 day sim time). After that it went back to not working.. 

But thank you for the help! I guess I'll just keep buying computers 

Message 5 of 15 (10,558 Views)

Hero
@lizafideli95 Guess it's the same as the books issue. It probably breaks each time you travel.

I'll keep separate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (10,546 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't write comedy routines

★★★★ Novice

Thought I was imagining things, I am pretty sure my SIm was level 5 and she composed a couple short and one medium length routine. She can refine 2 of them, but it no longer allows me to write any length routine.

Pretty sure it was when she got promoted to level 6 it started, but can't be sure!

I have: Island Living, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio, Laundry Day, Holiday Celebration, and Parenthood installed

I'm pretty sure all of my CC and mods are gone as well, I deleted them before I got DU.

Message 7 of 15 (10,509 Views)

Can't write comedy routines

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Celebrity game and base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By trying to write a comedy routine
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't write ant length of comedy routines with any of my sims
What do you expect to see? The action doesn't get added to the queue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello,

I have a sim with the joker aspiration and max comedy skills. She can not write any length of comedy routine. She has only written one short routine before. My other sims in the household can't write either. However, they can write books on the same computer.

I have tried repairing the game, moving to another lot, selling the computer etc. but nothing seems to work. What should I do? No mods.

Message 8 of 15 (10,467 Views)

Hero
@Alednevalednev Merged your post with existing thread on this. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (10,457 Views)

★★ Novice

I found a better fix for this issue. Place the computer in your house inventory while in build menu and place it back down. This allows me to write without having to buy a new pc.

Message 10 of 15 (10,387 Views)