by Annabelli_22

Original Post

[OPEN] Can't remove fence on round foundation

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Realm of Magic, Vampires and Spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place round deck/foundation with fencing (there are 3 sizes) and try to remove the round side of the fence. With either by clicking on it and use Delete fence (the option isn't there btw, while it should be) or by using the sledgehammer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Round side of the fence can't be deleted. (it can be replaced by a different fence type though) Sledgehammer doesn't highlight the fence, just the floor. it says there is nothing to delete (you can delete the entire room) Or use the option to "remove fence" by clicking the fence doesn't appear. Just "remove floor"
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the "remove fence" option when clicking (sometimes twice if it selects the entire room first) the fence. Like it does with the straight fence sides. Be able to remove the fence with a sledgehammer, like you can on straight pieces.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As mentioned, when you've place a rounded foundation, with a fence on it, you can't delete the fence from the round side in any way except by deleting the entire room. 

This is also the case if you place the round foundation that comes without fence, place fence and try to delete it afterwards. 

The rounded foundation with fence on by default comes in more size options than the one without fence, so there are instances where you would want to use that bigger ones with fence (and remove it). 

I've added images of what it looks like

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (5,118 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't remove fence on round foundation

★★★★ Novice

I have successfully removed the fencing on the curved foundations by dragging the wall tool (shortcut B) over the fence while holding down ctrl. 

Message 2 of 5 (5,009 Views)

★★ Novice
@Laireen35 omg thank you!!🙏❤️ that worked!
Message 3 of 5 (3,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You're welcome! Glad it worked for you. Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (2,689 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I know this is older but I am having this issue and don't quite understand what you mean.  I am dragging the wall across while holding Ctrl but all that's happening is that a wall is built or it turns red.  Could you elaborate,

Message 5 of 5 (2,248 Views)