by schnuck01

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Can't put floor tiles at the edge of pool on the hill and in hole

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living,Seasons, Parenthood, Vintege glamour stuff and Bowling night stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a hill or pit, put the pool and try to put floor tiles at the edges of the pool.
What happens when the bug occurs? Floor tiles can't be placed near the edges of the pool
What do you expect to see? I want that in this case you could put the floor at the edges of the pool.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bug appeared in the update with the terrain tools of November 13, 2018

The recording presents this bug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOdu9y0lwpU

Message 1 of 6 (1,272 Views)

Re: I can't put floor tiles at the edge of the pool on the hill and in the hole

★ Guide
Will someone check this bug?
Message 2 of 6 (1,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kwarcdymny1 I've forewarded your bugs but as they are build mode issues, I'm not handling them.

@BryonyRae will answer you when she has time.

EDIT: As Bryony is currently taking a break, this will not be added to the list but QA is aware of it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kwarcdymny1  I did my own version/demo of the things you showed in your video (which was clear and well done!) and I also went in at a ground level angle at some points so that you could see more why certain times where you want to add tile next to the pool don't work.

Adding tile right to the edge of the pool requires that the ground there be completely flat already, which it was not at times. The reason the tile went right next to the pool in the two cases you used was...
1. ) Where the terrain height tool was not used at all (on a flat lot), or
2.) Where the tile is placed first (which forces the area the tile is placed on to flatten, then the pool is added within the flat area of the tile.

I also hope there will be changes to make some of this more user friendly.  https://youtu.be/UzDHcTKTcOM

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 6 (1,172 Views)

★ Guide
@SheriGR on my recording, the terrain on the hill was flattened, so it's not the fault of the curvy terrain just a bug that does not allow you to put floor tiles on an elevation or hole at the edges of the pool.
Message 5 of 6 (1,138 Views)

★★ Guide

@Kwarcdymny1  - I have 2 work arounds for you, which I use for this exact problem.1) Put your pool in the flat square foundation piece having the foundation piece extended further out on all sides of the pool then the tiles should place no problem. 2) Pull your pool in on all sides, place tiles, pull pool sides back out.

Message 6 of 6 (1,135 Views)