by woohodges

Original Post

[OPEN] Can't place stairs after bulldozing penthouses/multi-story

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack and the Reaper free thing.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In San Myshuno, delete one of the top apartments. After that, try to place a staircase.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot place staircases in any top apartment in San Mysuno.
What do you expect to see? Being able to place stairs again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I installed Get Famous, I deleted one of the top apartments to start from scratch, but then I couldn't place any staircases.

I've tried to delete the Origin cache (after contacting support), restarting the game, started a new save etc. Nothing works. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 7 (9,343 Views)

Re: Stairs bugging in San Myshuno.

Hero (Retired)

@SivILCC I was able to duplicate this issue in my game.  This problem applies not only to penthouse apartments but to any multi-story apartment.  If you bulldoze the apartment, you will be unable to place stairs unless you first redraw room(s) in which to place them or place them against the edge of the apartment.  The error message that appears is "Bottom of stairs are off lot" and the visual shows a red triangle far overhead.  Will add to our list.

Message 2 of 7 (9,278 Views)

★★ Novice

Were you able to place them after you built the rooms again? I don't think I could do it, but I will check again tomorrow and see.

Message 3 of 7 (9,263 Views)

★★ Novice

Still have this problem.

Message 4 of 7 (9,204 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't place stairs after bulldozing penthouses/multi-story

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue now too. Has there been any update on a fix yet?

Message 5 of 7 (8,380 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this problem and what I discovered is that the floor of the upper level was gone so there was no way to add stairs.  I added the floor back in and was able to add the stairs.  I used the flat square in the walls build section and expanded it to fit the room.

Message 6 of 7 (8,367 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Thank u so much. It really help..

Message 7 of 7 (7,684 Views)