[NEEDS SAVES] Can't place my gravestone from household inventory

by tealetta

Original Post

Re: I can't place my gravestone from household inventory

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict no he wasn't, just a normal sim (sorry for the really late reply)

Message 11 of 37 (2,915 Views)

Urn Disappears from inventory

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats&dogs, get famous, Parenthood, vintage glamour stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? its a family i play them long time. when i move to another house i carry urns with them. when i put urns into the game it gets disappeared
What happens when the bug occurs? when i try to put urns any place. they get lost
What do you expect to see? dont lose them :D keepthem in the world to see them sometimes etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have some Urns in my inventory but when i try to put them into game it get losts/disappears like this. It is important for me to keep them. Any Suggestions? 

Thanks 

Message 12 of 37 (2,882 Views)

Re: Urn Disappears from inventory

Hero
@cennetulusoy I merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 37 (2,872 Views)

Sim's Cat's Tombstone Disappears When Placed On Lot

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build house on lot. Take pet's tombstone out of household inventory and try to place it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When opening my household inventory in build mode, I go to place my cat's tombstone, however it simply disappears when I do. Not even invisible, it's gone completely. I have to click "undo" to get it back. Other items will disappear at first too, but after clicking "undo" and then replacing them, they won't disappear. Only the tombstone consistently disappears.
What do you expect to see? My tombstone to appear on the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have tried the following: Built a another house on the same lot. Traveled to another lot and tried placing the tombstone there. Removed all my mods and custom content and tried placing it. Did a repair. Refreshed my folder. None of these worked.

For a more comprehensive summary of my issue: I have one save file with multiple households. I keep it light in terms of CC, and never get build/buy CC or download lots with CC in them. The only mod I have is MCCC. While I was playing Discover University with one household, an elder cat in another household I play occasionally died. After my sims graduated, I switched to the household with the dead cat. There was now a tombstone in my Sim's yard for said cat. I decided I wanted to build a new house for them in Glimmerbrook on the 30x20 plot they were currently living in (it's the one that's empty at the start of the game). After building the house, I noticed an issue where I would take out an item out of my household inventory, place it, and it would simply disappear. Now for my other items this only happened once, but after I clicked "unndo" and placed them again, they would stay. In the case of the cat's tombstone however, it always disappears.  I removed all of my mods/cc to no avail. I ran a repair on the game. I refreshed my folder. I've built a new house on the same lot and tried placing it there. I've moved my sim into a different lot and tried placing it there. But no matter what, when I put it down, it disappears. And I can't find anybody with any similar problems. I keep being suggested links about items disappearing from my inventory, but it's not disappearing from the inventory itself, it disappears when I go into build mode, remove it from household inventory, and try placing it on the lot. The house I built in question is Witch Cottage by Trolis555.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Message 14 of 37 (2,834 Views)

Re: Sim's Cat's Tombstone Disappears When Placed On Lot

Hero
@fakedeep Merged this with an existing bug report on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 37 (2,820 Views)

★★★ Novice

Starting to notice a pattern. It seems like other people in this thread did something similar to me: their sim/pet died while they were playing another household, and then when they switched back, they couldn't place the tombstone after moving without it disappearing. Disappointed IDK if it's a big enough bug for EA to notice and try and fix, but at least it does seem mostly like a game issue and not a Mods/CC one. 

Message 16 of 37 (2,816 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't place my gravestone from household inventory

★ Novice
@tealetta I have gravestones from many generations. I moved to anew lot and set up my memorial cemetery as I usually do, but two of the gravestones wouldn’t place. May their ghosts are wandering the neighborhood?
Message 17 of 37 (2,752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle

How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode when trying to place something in world from the household inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Household inventory will disappear when placing in world and also disappear from household inventory. Only happen with the current saved file since new game is perfectly fine with the household inventory (I can place items from-to household inventory without any glitch) .
When I place an item from the household inventory, it will disappear which can be retrieved by clicking undo. After that, if I try to place the same item to the world, it will say 'system error', but the item is still in the inventory.
No problem with personal inventory, though.
Didn't try with vanilla since new save game has no issues, but I do make sure all mods are updated (only MCCC and some mods from LittleMsSam).

What do you expect to see?Items from household inventory won't disappear when placing world
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, MCCC and some of LittleMsSam's, but the new save game didn't affect by this issue.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After patch on 10 June 2020

Message 18 of 37 (2,586 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the same issue with a cat and a sim tombstone. When I go to place the tombstone, it looks like an urn with a swimming/rubber ring round it?! As soon as I place it in the world it disappears. Had this issue pre June update Frown 

Message 19 of 37 (2,523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I’m having this issue as well. I noticed that the Sims whose gravestones I cannot place have also disappeared from my family tree. FWIW, I’m doing the legacy challenge. The tombstones that cannot be placed are children from the second generation of the challenge, and I’m currently playing a Sim character from the 5th generation. Basically, her great-grandfather had a brother and a sister, and they have been the source of the issue. Is there a bug with family trees that erases a Sim from history after X generations that could also affect the tombstone?

Edit: I also do not have any mods or CC

Message 20 of 37 (2,467 Views)