by Amedyr

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Can't place my gravestone from household inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.1151020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode when a tombstone is in the household inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to place the tombstone on my lot it disappears.
What do you expect to see? The tombstone should be placed and be visible/usable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I had my household move to a different house and before I did I put a gravestone and a pet gravestone in my household inventory to carry with me to the new lot. When I got to the new lot I tried to place down the gravestone and it would disappear, I could hit the redo button to get it back into my inventory but that's it. This only happened with my human gravestone, my pet one worked fine.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 37 (9,645 Views)

Re: I can't place my gravestone from household inventory

Hero
@tealetta Could you test this on a fresh save that never saw any mods to see if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (9,592 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem and I never installed any mods on my game.

Message 3 of 37 (9,583 Views)

★★ Novice

Has nobody else even heard of this problem? :/

Message 4 of 37 (9,535 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Amedyr - I cannot replicate this issue. I put a gravestone in the household inventory and moved to a new lot. On arriving at the new lot, I was able to place the gravestone with no problems. I actually had to kill of one of my sims to get the gravestone. I strengthened the connection to the physical world (on the gravestone), then testing moving with it in the household inventory. I've tested moving from one Sulani lot to another, from Sulani to Oasis Springs, and from Oasis Springs to Willow Creek. I tested both moving with furniture and selling furniture, and buying the new home furnished and unfurnished. In all cases, I moved into an unoccupied home. 

This is on base game with RG & IL. No mods or cc, never used. 

I suggest you try to repair your game -

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
      • Save a copy of your Saves folder to your desktop (or somewhere else safe, to use as a backup)
      • Move your Mods folder to the desktop
      • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
      • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
      • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
      • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed. (your sims may be naked or bald, depending on the mods or cc that were installed previously)

If the issue is fixed after the repair, then you have one or more outdated mods or cc. This will take a bit of detective work; one at a time, copy your mods back to the mods folder, then open the game and verify everything is working. If you have a lot of mods or cc, use the 50% method. Once you've identified the culprit(s), check with the creators to see if updated versions are available.

If you still have this problem after the repair, please reply back with more specifics about how you were trying to do the move, including the lot you are trying to move from and the lot you're moving to, whether you sold the furniture or kept it, whether you bought the new lot furnished or not, etc. All specifics to help us test exactly what you're seeing. Thanks, and Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 37 (9,528 Views)

Hero
@Amedyr Which packs do you own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 37 (9,520 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I tested this out on a new save and it worked fine. It might be because in my existing save I rotated households while playing and when the sim died I was with another household and didn't get to witness the death but I'm not sure. Also the gravestone was actually an urn but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'm trying to think of what else it might be.

Message 7 of 37 (9,497 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also just repaired my game but I still can't place it :/

Message 8 of 37 (9,493 Views)

Hero
@tealetta Was the dead SIm some kind of occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 37 (9,445 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Can't place my gravestone from household inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem, only mine is affecting my pet grave also. It's a legacy family, so I haven't moved the family off the lot, I just moved the gravestones so I could do some building. It just started happening and it's only happening with sim/pet that I wasn't on the lot to witness the death. 

EDIT: I removed all of my CC (I wasn't using it anymore) and repaired the game from the origin menu. When I loaded back up, a grave I'd placed and had disappeared was back, but when I went to place another grave, it disappeared like before.

Has anyone else tried placing a grave, have it disappear, save and exit the game, then load it back up? I'd test it again, but I don't want to risk a legacy sim grave.

Message 10 of 37 (9,393 Views)