by nucleonide

Original Post

[OPEN] Can't place certain objects on platforms

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the most recent on 11/10/20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs except for the Star Wars pack, Snowy Escape will also be downloaded on Fri (pre-ordered)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Platform issues.
What happens when the bug occurs? The platform will not allow me to put items on it when in the room. The platform, btw, is large enough to have a bar w/stools (which i was able to place prior to this bug coming into play...). There's plenty of room for extra tables and chairs as well. I am also unable to change the platform foundation color from what i originally placed now.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to place tables and chairs, etc. on the platform. I built a house yesterday with a platform in the kitchen and I had no issues with putting in the counters, table, fridge, etc. Not sure why it's buggin now.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is from the new patch on Nov. 10.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 14 (4,439 Views)

Re: Issues with new platforms in Sims4

★★★★ Guide
@LBeternity On that 2nd issue, I wasn't able to change the color of the platform I placed as well. But, it was just one step high, so I thought maybe that was why. I've not had a chance to experiment more there though yet. :/
Message 2 of 14 (4,400 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@LBeternity I suppose because technically it's a floor and not a counter.
Message 3 of 14 (4,344 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps I didn’t have issues with placing counters. I did when placing tables and chairs on the platform. If it’s technically a floor then I should have no issues placing the table on the platform, but I did. And like the other response, it disappeared. I haven’t gone on sims today to see if maybe placing it “blindly” would help. However, the bar that I was able to place prior to it glitching does the same disappearing or trying to force its way onto the outside area off the platform.
Message 4 of 14 (4,327 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having an issue placing half walls on the platforms as well as furniture. Fences work just fine. Stairs/ladders also have a lot of routing issues.

Message 5 of 14 (4,325 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@cooollbeans I just tried messing with my build again and it’s still doing the same stuff. However, I made a copy of the room with the platform glitch and placed it on a side area away from my build and was able to but the tables and chairs on it without a hassle I deleted the original part of the room and placed the new one in it. I tired to move one of the tables after placing and the glitch was still there. Maybe it’s the spot that’s got the issue idk. Haven’t play tested to see if there’s issues on that aspect as it’s a redo of the Blue Velvet. :-/
Message 6 of 14 (4,321 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@LBeternity I've seen things like that before. Certain areas glitching. Try saving the game, deleting the cache files and go back in and see. The disappearing fence glitch in certain areas gets fixed by deleting the cache.
Message 7 of 14 (4,304 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps I’ll give it a try. Just getting tired of my game crashing too. But I’ve seen I’m not the only on there too. I don’t even have mods and yet it crashes. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Message 8 of 14 (4,266 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LBeternity I've had something similar happen to me when I placed a dancefloor from the Get Together EP (specifically the 4x4 glass one) on the same or any other platform. Not sure if you have that item somewhere in your lot, and/or if this also happens with other similar floor-decor items. I solved it by removing the item so I don't know if there's another workaround :/
Message 9 of 14 (4,249 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't place certain objects on platforms

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LBeternity Feels like you're reporting multiple things in this thread.

Need one thread per issue.

I changed to the title of this to be about placement of objects on platforms. For any other issues, please make a separate thread.

There's also a thread here for placing objects NEXT to platforms. Treating that separate: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Can-t-place-some-objects-next-to-platform/m-p/9723604

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (4,193 Views)