by Kwarcdymny1

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Can't minimize the iris in the child's age group

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living,Seasons, Parenthood, Vintege glamour stuff and Bowling night stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS, when I change the size of the iris in the child age group, you can not minimize the iris like in older age groups and toddlers.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't minimize the iris in child.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to minimize the iris in child and that the size of the iris is the same as when the sim growing up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the link there are photos of three age groups with a maximum of small irises of the eye https://www.flickr.com/photos/181850443@N06/48002492147/in/dateposted-public/

Message 1 of 9 (1,401 Views)

Re: I can't minimize the iris in the child's age group.

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

It looks like to me the toddler iris being reduced so small is more of a bug/oversight than the way the child's iris is unless you have a mod allowing you to do that. It's always been that you can't adjust child features as much as you can adults and I could have sworn it was like that for toddlers as well.

You can see that when you adjust a child or toddler's head size or any of their facial features. The range just isn't as extended as it is for older Sims. I don't think I've ever been able to reduce a toddler's iris that small in my game, but it could be that I'm remembering incorrectly, except I don't think I've ever seen a Sims 4 toddler with eyes like that.

Message 2 of 9 (1,357 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Kwarcdymny1 
I did a quick test and created a new Sim in CAS started as a YA and aging to child and to toddler.

The eyes of the child could be adjusted but only slightly.

The toddler eyes were down right scary LOL

Child EyesToddler Eyes

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 9 (1,346 Views)

★★★★ Guide
They looked like scary alien sims.
Message 4 of 9 (1,340 Views)

★★ Pro

I think I must have been thinking of make the eye size smaller overall and not the iris. To me, with toddlers this seems like a bug or a simple oversight that the iris can be shrunk down so small when it can't be on kids. It looks so creepy!

Message 5 of 9 (1,302 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@manzana0807 wrote:

I think I must have been thinking of make the eye size smaller overall and not the iris. To me, with toddlers this seems like a bug or a simple oversight that the iris can be shrunk down so small when it can't be on kids. It looks so creepy!

Actually the ability to reduce the iris size has been around for several years and is not a bug. It does make for some erm ... unique looking Sims Cool

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 9 (1,288 Views)

★ Guide

I don't have mods. Since there is an option to minimize irises for all ages, child should also have this option.

Message 7 of 9 (1,258 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Can't minimize the iris in the child's age group

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,213 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't minimize the iris in the child's age group

Anonymous

Having this right now! All ages except child can have their iris sizes changed.

Message 9 of 9 (1,039 Views)