Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't get married because Sim works for me

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get married
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the message 'Can't get married because the Sim works for you'
What do you expect to see? Being able to get married
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Making a new thread for this to see how many are still affected.

The message is a bit misleading. The actual reason for this error seems to be that you can't get married if you still have old gf/bf.

Call them all over and ask them to 'just be friends'

If one of them is ghost, it might be a bit more difficult and you need to find the ghost first.

Please post if need further help or if that's not the reason for the issue in your case.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 136 (34,887 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Can't get married because Sim works for me

Hero

Sims now can propose to their beloved without rejection (congratulations!). On the same note, Sims with multiple romantic partners now can propose and marry one of them and not get sabotaged by their partners’ predicament of not being able to get married because they are employed together, even when they are not.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33 .. again .. hopefully for real now

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 136 of 136 (6,410 Views)

All Replies

[TROUBLESHOOT] Sims cannot marry

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats& dogs, dine out, seasons, movie night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i completed the update and repaired the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I receive an error message saying that my sims cannot marry because she is employed to him. or if she tries to initiate the marriage nothing will happen.
What do you expect to see? my sims marry
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Since the last update my sims have not been able to marry each other. I keep getting an error message saying that you cannot marry a sim that is employed by the other . They work two separate jobs. 

Message 1 of 136 (33,505 Views)

Re: Sims cannot marry

Hero

HI @MonkMonk93 

did you test that without mods installed ? This issue is supposed to be fixed but maybe something is still borked in your game or a mod is still interfering.

Best to remove all mods and try again and if you still have issues, please share your save.

You can create a rar file and attach to your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 136 (33,497 Views)

Hero

@MonkMonk93 

did you test this yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 136 (33,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YUP i took out all mods and nothing changed. Frown now i just have naked bald sims running around in my game.

Message 4 of 136 (33,458 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 5 of 136 (33,457 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

You can also create a .rar file and attach the file directly to your post but it needs to be smaller than 20 MB

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 136 (33,450 Views)

Re: Marriage Glitch [PC]

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I just had this issue with both my mother and her son (both had been engaged for a couple of days prior to the wedding). I could plan the wedding event each time but could not marry until I cleared some of the romantic relationships. I would appreciate it if the title of this thread would not be called [FIXED] as this issue very clearly is not fixed. 

Message 7 of 136 (35,036 Views)

Hero

Did you engage them before or after the patch ?

Could you please share your save with QA as per request here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Can-t-get-married-because-Sim-works-for-me/m-p/7549064#M...

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 136 (35,031 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimQARobo @crinrict  My engaged Sim (Lane in the file) is experiencing this issue of being told that he cannot marry a sim in his employ. Fiance' is unemployed. He previously completed the Serial Romantic aspiration and had several girlfriends, with romantic relationships ranging from good friends to soulmates. The proposal and engagement happened after the patch. Some of the girlfriends became girlfriends before the patch and some after.  I am running base game with RG and freebies, version 1.50.67.1020. No cc or mods, never used.

Spent a day inviting all the exes over to suggest to "just be friends". There were a couple that I could not break up with because they are now deceased. It was very strange, because after all the breakups I still couldn't get married - even tried saving and exiting the game a couple of times. But, the option became available the next day I started gameplay so not sure why it didn't work at the time. (Might have been due to an elder who keeps dying in the household)

I've uploaded the saves with the issue and pm'ed the link to @SimQARobo. Let me know if you need any other info.

Message 9 of 136 (35,013 Views)