by caittorr

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Can't get items out of the family inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Paradise, City Living, Get To Work, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Luxury Party, Parenthood, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spa Day, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have played the game for over 3000 hours and I have only had this problem in the past couple months, not sure how to specifically recreate it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to take something out of the family inventory and place on the lot, the item disappears from under the cursor and a red box with the words "system error" appear, and the item is still in the inventory.
What do you expect to see? The item should go on the ground where I put it and disappear from the family inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried it with several different types of items.  Some of the items I have the problem with are: Watcher Relic Base, Terracotta Omiscan Vase, Sapphire, The Royal We Microphone, Utranium, several books, Eggplant Frog, Violet, etc. Some items from the inventory I do not have this problem with, and are removable, like plants and some frogs, some Selvadorian items.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 17 (3,625 Views)

Re: Can't get items out of the family inventory

Hero
@caittorr Could you try repairing your game through Origin ? Right-click on the game in Origin and hit repair game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (3,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@caittorrCould you try repairing your game through Origin ? Right-click on the game in Origin and hit repair game

I did try to repair my game. Now it seems that some items are fixed and some are still having the problem. For example, I have been able to place the Totecallama relic on my lot but I cannot place the Balampalsoh relic. Before the game repair all the items left in my family inventory gave me the error. 

I am now wondering also if these items have somehow jumped from my personal inventory to my family inventory? I only have one completed relic, and I have kept it in my sims inventory to activate it, and just now when I went to do so again, it was gone from his personal inventory but I found it in his family inventory.

Very strange...

@DMDragonCT wrote:

I have seen this happen after I had placed personal items on a rental or community lot in any of the destination worlds (Granite Falls and Selvadorada) while on holiday there. After the vacation ended, all those items were automatically moved to the owner's household inventory, but now they seemed to be broken, giving me the same error you're experiencing. Is this what happened to you?

I was able to solve this by using MCCC which has a function to sell/clear all items in a household inventory. This worked for me. Good luck to you!

It might be because of that? I know I placed the archaeology table on my rented lot in Selvadorada. I don’t know when the problem started though, if it was before or after. 

I have not had any problems selling these items though. Even an item I try to put on my home lot, if it give me the error, I am always able to sell it. I don’t want to sell all my items though, many of them are rare artifacts, or ingredients I want to use to increase my herbalism skill etc.

Message 3 of 17 (3,564 Views)

Hero
@caittorr I tested the vacation scenario and didn't get anything stuck but this issue sounds similar: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/I-can-t-place-my-gravestone-from-household-inventory/m-p/80547...

Maybe it goes beyond gravestones.

Do you see any pattern when stuff is getting stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (3,543 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@caittorrI tested the vacation scenario and didn't get anything stuck but this issue sounds similar: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/I-can-t-place-my-gravestone-from-household-inventory/m-p/80547...

Maybe it goes beyond gravestones.

Do you see any pattern when stuff is getting stuck ?

I checked the other thread you linked above, but I'm not sure if it applies to my problem. I have no gravestones whatsoever, and I have not moved recently.

I can find no pattern; like I said in my original post, some of a certain type of item work, and some do not. I can place some frogs but not all, some books not all, some artifacts but not all, etc. Even if I have a stack of items (ancient bone dust, for example) I can place 25 out of 28 of the stack on my lot.

I tried going on vacation again and came back to my home lot and all of the same items are in my inventory and are still giving me a problem.

Message 5 of 17 (3,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@caittorr Basically: You can't place something from family inventory and it disappears. That also is what the gravestone person described 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (3,491 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

@caittorrBasically: You can't place something from family inventory and it disappears. That also is what the gravestone person described 

It doesn't disappear from the game entirely, it disappears from under my cursor, and appears back in the inventory.

Message 7 of 17 (3,425 Views)

Hero
@caittorr Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying that.

I've forwarded this. Don't know what else to suggest, unfortunately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (3,419 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@caittorrAh, ok. Thanks for clarifying that.

I've forwarded this. Don't know what else to suggest, unfortunately.

Thanks anyway! Hopefully the person to whom you've forwarded it will have an answer :S

Message 9 of 17 (3,393 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't get items out of the family inventory

★ Guide
@caittorr I know this topic is 4 years old but I'm having the same issue. Never had it before until the latest patch just before the Werewolves pack. I didn't play in between updating and installing the Werewolves pack so I don't know if it's the update or the pack.

It only affects certain objects and not others. Either the object just disappears when I place it or I can't place it at all and get a little red tooltip that says System Error.

So far, it seems to be happening to small Werewolf objects like the werewolf books and the relic collection plaque.
Message 10 of 17 (2,135 Views)