Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't get items out of the family inventory

by kek0114

Original Post

Hero
@SnarkyWitch Can you use the place in world option or does that also not work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 17 (459 Views)

★ Novice

Not OP, I think across the board the issue is with household inventory. I'm getting the error with one of my chickens. Golden hen went in my household inventory after the fair, and when I try to place it anywhere in the world, the words "System Error" appear. I've tried debugging my chicken coop and my sims. Also repaired the game through origin.

Message 12 of 17 (446 Views)

Hero
@kek0114 Have you tried clicking on the chicken coop again and assign the hen again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 17 (432 Views)

★ Novice

That did work, but I'm still having bugs every time I try to place the chicken in one of my sim's inventories (in order to bring the golden chicken to the fair or to move it closer to my crops, so it can make them perfect quality). Both the sim and the chicken will shift slightly. The chicken will remain on the lot, but the options menu will only suggest "placing in the world" as if the chicken is in my sim's inventory. Then after a period of time my chicken becomes invisible - something I just noticed, because my sim interacted with the chicken autonomously. 

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you have questions. I've tried going to another lot as a family and going back home. Debugging and restarting the game. It seems the common denominator with issues is every time I try to put the chicken in a sim's inventory.

PS - thank you for everything. Every time I find a solved post, you're the person solving it. <3

Message 14 of 17 (414 Views)

Hero
@kek0114 Do you have this on every save you play ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 17 (398 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 17 (345 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello, I have the same problem where I entered a Pumpkin Pie to the Finchwick Fair (Cottage Living Expansion) then after the fair ended, the Pumpkin Pie went to my Household Inventory and get a "system error" everytime I take it out. This is a problem coz whenever I want to join another Pie contest all sorts of problems arise! So I hope you can get this fixed, please... I will send the link to my Save File in a private message. Thank you so much.

Message 17 of 17 (258 Views)