Re: [TO TEST] Can't fully zoom in on basement level. Sound is muffled.

by Covahenasni

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't fully zoom in on basement level. Sound is muffled.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Dine Out, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff, Get Together, Spa Day, Movie Hangout, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room, Parenthood, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Spooky Stuff, Vampires, and Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the basement on the save.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't fully zoom in on the basement level. It seems to be going up a level when I try to zoom in, so the sound is muffled.
What do you expect to see? To zoom in all the way and hear clearly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u7lje4QT5xlCfZr6p2fh3_O57RQ3fUbw

That is the download link for the save where this occurs.

Edit

Known problem lots:  Inner Circle in Del Sol Valley, Planet Honey Pop in San Myshuno

Message 1 of 19 (3,568 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Fixed an issue that didn’t allow the camera to zoom in properly when looking at lots at their basement level.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 19 (2,671 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@TaintedLove0413 the camera and sound for the basement are working properly in my game.  If you haven't already, please try the following steps: 1) remove all mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test in the new save.

Message 2 of 19 (3,463 Views)

Champion (Retired)

First time using a basement since installing #TS4GetFamous and seeing the camera jump up when trying to focus on a Sim.

Zero mods Zero CC I have been playing this save for several Sim weeks, Today I added a basement to the Inner Circle lot in Del Sol Valley.
I dot not do any terrain manipulation.

Game version 1.47.51.1020

All content except My First Pet

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 19 (3,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I think I may have a solution or at least a workaround.
*Use the terrain tool to flatten the whole lot before adding a basement.
@TaintedLove0413Did this happen on a particular lot? Was there already a basement or did you add one?

Inner Circle lot in Del Sol Valley was where I noticed this happen. I opened another save with a Sim who traveled to Selvadorada.
I added a basement to the museum and did not have any problems. My Sim traveled back home to Bargain Bend {Willow Creek}. I started this save with the tutorial. The house was already there, When I added a basement I noticed the ground raised up higher than the foundation. I hit the undo button and started again,

This time I flattened the lot and added the basement. I can now maneuver the camera properly. 

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 4 of 19 (3,436 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I can only zoom into ceiling level in the basement, but outside of ceiling level in the sub(basement) level, I can zoom clear in like normal. All of the sounds above me on ground floor are coming through loud and clear and when I go up one level, I am zoomed into the floor.

I have included two images to show the zoom difficulties and outside ceiling zoom capability.

Message 5 of 19 (3,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@TaintedLove0413 I was able to reproduce this issue in my game on the Inner Circle lot in Del Sol Valley.  Flattening the lot did not fix the issue in my game.  I tried other lots and did not have the issue, so this is likely a problem only on certain lots.  It would be useful to compile a list of affected lots to add to your first post, so for everyone reading this, if you find a lot with this problem and we don't already have it listed, please let us know.  Adding to our index as [NEEDS INPUT] for now, so that we can get a list of problem lots together.

Note that a potential workaround is to go into TAB camera mode, which will let you lower the camera view into the basement.  When you switch back into the regular camera, it will raise back up again though.

Message 6 of 19 (3,351 Views)

★★★★ Novice

THANK YOU!!!! I have been trying to find out what the heck is going on for days now and no matter how much I search couldn't find anything. I can't get close to my sims in the basement. I hover so far above them it is ridiculous. All just recent! 

Message 7 of 19 (3,254 Views)

★★★ Novice

Even with the new update, it helped none. I'm still having the same problem. It's aggravating Frown 

Message 8 of 19 (3,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Unfortunately the workaround I posted does not always work. I added a basement to Inner Circle in Del Sol Valley. That house is on a foundation and the basement popped up to floor level ... meaning the foundation level was ignored?
The basement level can be viewed at an angle but cannot zoom in on anywhere on that level.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 9 of 19 (3,177 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't fully zoom in on basement level. Sound is muffled.

★★★ Novice
Hi! I appear to be having this issue as well, but it is happening with a basement on the Planet Honey Pop lot in San Myshuno. I have tested the build on a different blank lot lot (a 30x20 in Newcrest) and was able to zoom in just fine. Flattening the Planet Honey Pop lot didn't fix the issue, it looks like the corners of the lot can't be flattened :/ . Hopefully we get a fix for this soon, it's very annoying!
Message 10 of 19 (3,155 Views)