[FIXED] Can't finish Video Games/Not earning any money

by ShadowLiberal

Original Post

Continue making video game won’t go away

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The “continue making video game” option on the computer won’t go away even though it instantly makes a game when I click on it. I’ve clicked on it about 5 times which made 5 games but it won’t reset back to “make video game”. I’ve tried reseting the object, but a new computer, and exiting the game but it won’t fix it. I don’t know how to fix this please help.

Message 11 of 75 (3,883 Views)

Re: Continue making video game won’t go away

Hero

Hi @SimsGal2016

it's probably a bug. I merged your post with existing thread for the moment

@ShadowLiberal Could you maybe edit your first post to reflect the current state of the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 75 (3,862 Views)

Publishing Video Game

★★ Novice

My Sim was almost done with making a video game when they had to go to work, so right before they were able to publish it, I canceled the action and had them go to work. However, now when I try to complete the action, the "Name This Video Game" action keeps popping up, but it won't ever let me actually publish it. I've tried on different computers, but it's still the same result. How would I be able to actually publish the game so that I can make another one because as of right now, it won't let me start a new project. Thank you. 

Message 13 of 75 (3,824 Views)

Re: Publishing Video Game

Hero (Retired)
@iheartdance222
You can try to fix the game in Origin. Origin / Library / right click on TS4 - option - repair the game.
Unfortunately, it is a bug of the safe, and these are very difficult to repair
You can try to reset the game
Change in Documents the name of the TS4 folder on TS4old for example.
The game will create a new clean game folder. Copy the following folders from the old folder: saves, Tray and mods and paste them to the new folder.
Check in game if it helped. If not - you can delete this new created game folder and restore old name.
I don't work for EA
Message 14 of 75 (3,810 Views)

Hero

Hi @iheartdance222

there have been other reports like yours. I've merged your post.

still need to test this

@kreatora for awareness. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 75 (3,794 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Can't finish Video Games/Not earning any money

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i can vouch that i am having the same exact issues as described by op. mainly the issue where every single time i click continue making video game it imediatley pops up and ask me to name the game but then is just stuck on a never ending loop of doing that. and if i dont name the game and just hit the check mark it names the video game memory card which is weird. although i do get royalties from them but am not having to put in any time to make the video games. and i too am at level 10 programming. and no i dont have any mods or anything else. this bug happened on my very first time playing the game.... and has not gone away since. and i have tried all sorts of things and it still happens.

Message 16 of 75 (3,690 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't finish Video Games/Not earning any money

Hero
Added this for amount of reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 75 (3,644 Views)

Re: Continue making video game won’t go away

★ Novice

I'm having this same issue, it also happens with 'Represent a friend'. I keep getting the option to continue the current action but nothing happens. Because of this I am not able to finish other video games or represent other friends. 

Message 18 of 75 (3,620 Views)

★ Apprentice

@iheartdance222 wrote:

My Sim was almost done with making a video game when they had to go to work, so right before they were able to publish it, I canceled the action and had them go to work. However, now when I try to complete the action, the "Name This Video Game" action keeps popping up, but it won't ever let me actually publish it. I've tried on different computers, but it's still the same result. How would I be able to actually publish the game so that I can make another one because as of right now, it won't let me start a new project. Thank you. 

Pretty much what happened to me, my vampire was starving, I forced him to stop close to finishing (which he had been "finishing" the full action loaded in green and then no more green for a couple hours). I made him drink someone and came back to "continuing the game", to find me in this never ending loop, inable to finish the game, only capable of seeing the "video game complete" thingy to name it over and over again. 

Message 19 of 75 (3,599 Views)

★★ Guide
I'm also having this issue, made a mobile game and then made a video game and get paid for it, however, I can't make any more games because it keeps telling me to continue to make a video game... Bleh... When will these bugs end...
Message 20 of 75 (3,572 Views)