Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't finish Video Games/Not earning any money

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, and Vampire game pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Max out a Sim's programming skill and then have them program a video game on a computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim finishes programming their video game you won't get any money for it
What do you expect to see? You should get some money for finishing the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When leveling my sim's programming skills up I got at least some money whenever I finished a programming task. I definitely used to get money for making video games before I maxed out the programming skill.

It seems that now that my sim maxed out their programming skill I'm not any money for making video games (aside from the small daily royalties for the game), I am still getting money as usual for all the other programming tasks, like making mobile games however.

I should note, I sent my sim down the eSports career track so I missed this bug for a while in my game.

I used cheats to max out another sim's programming skills and had them make a video game, they didn't get any money for it either. I've tried multiple times having my sims make games, I tried it with and without any mods, and the result was always the same, no money was earned for it.

Message 1 of 75 (8,726 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Programming Video Games not earning my sim any money

Hero

Fixed an issue where Sims in the eSport Gamer branch of the Tech Guru career were not earning money when programming video games.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

I hope that's what this note refers too.

Feedback would be great

Is everything fixed for this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 73 of 75 (6,161 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Programming Video Games not earning my sim any money

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @ShadowLiberal

tested this in my own game and have no issues getting paid. Cheat mine up as well. The money was added to my account but there was no message about it.

Could you try on a fresh save game that never saw any mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 75 (8,627 Views)

Hero

Tagging @ShadowLiberal for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 75 (8,586 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Crinrict, I tried again today after the new patch, it still doesn't work for me, only it's even worse.

Instead of not getting paid I get prompted to name the Video Game when it's finished. I enter a name, and then nothing really happens. When I go back to the programming menu there's still an option to continue work on my video game, which immediately prompts me again to name the game, with the same results. No matter what I enter (or don't enter) it doesn't let me finish the game.

I tried completely removing everything from my Sims 4/Mods folder as you suggested, and creating a 100% randomized sim to test this out with. It still had the same results, unable to name and finish a video game.

Everything else in my Sims 4 games seems to work just fine, it's only making Video Games that I'm having this trouble.

That said, I can't say I'm too surprised you didn't have this issue Crinrict. I couldn't find anyone else talking about it when I googled the problem. I'm wondering if something is somehow corrupted with my installation. I've occasionally run into weird bugs over the years in other games that can only be fixed by a reinstall.

Message 4 of 75 (8,551 Views)

Cannot finish Video Game project

★★★ Novice

My Sim is incapable of finishing a video game project. Whenever I go to finish the project, it prompts me to add in a game title immediately with no actual production done, and upon adding a name and publishing, nothing happens. The "continue working on video game" option remains, and selecting it again just brings up the name prompt again. No mods besides MC CC.

Message 5 of 75 (8,564 Views)

Re: Cannot finish Video Game project

Could you test and see if you still have this issue when you're letting the game make a new game folder?

- Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\
- Rename the 'The Sims 4' folder to something like 'The Sims 4 old' 
- Start the game, this will create a new folder.
- Test the game, if it works fine start moving folders from 'The Sims 4 old' over to the new folder.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 75 (8,552 Views)

Re: Cannot finish Video Game project

★★★ Novice

Well, I suppose I should point out that I had published two mobile games before this glitch surfaced. I tried the new folder suggestion, moving my old saves over, and the glitch persists. I could go through the trouble to get another character to the point that I can program another game again, but that'd honestly defeat the point of troubleshooting this problem on my end. 

I have repaired my directory and exported and imported the sim. Upon trying to make a new game again, the production restarts, but upon completion the glitch resurfaces.

Message 7 of 75 (8,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ShadowLiberal

Did you also try on a fresh save or just on one specific one ? If not, could you try that to find out if it's save game related ?

@Sentient_Pest

I merged your post with a similar report.

Did you have issues with getting paid as OP before the patch as well ?

@Phantomlover1717 for awareness.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 75 (8,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict

Fresh save insofar that I started a new game with the same character? Yes. That's the "export, import" I'm referring to in my last post.

For the sake of troubleshooting the problem, I made a completely brand new character in a completely new world. Same issue nonetheless.

As far as getting paid, I've gotten paid for mobile games, but not for video. This has been my only attempt to publish video games before - I've never tried it before this glitch started happening. The other post sounds like it has the same exact issue I am having.

Message 9 of 75 (8,492 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks. Will do some more testing myself after patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 75 (8,480 Views)