Re: [TO TEST] Programming Video Games not earning my sim any money

by gardenlobster

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Can't finish Video Games/Not earning any money

★ Guide

I never get the option to design a video game. I've had Travis Scott complete his aspiration (he did an app instead) and he never, ever got the option to design a video game.

Message 51 of 75 (1,778 Views)

★ Novice

I am having what I believe to be the same issue, though the commenter’s description of the bug is better than the OP. The issue isn’t just not getting paid, but rather not actually making the game. It asks for a name for the game, and when you go to the computer again it offers to let you continue making a computer game which will just trigger it to ask for a name once again. No time is spent trying to program the game, and it never gets completed, much less paid for. I have named the game a dozen different times. I have never used or installed any mods at all and have never used any cheat codes. 

Message 52 of 75 (1,748 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this problem with making a game and also making an app. So now i cant make apps or games. This is happening on my xbox one x.

Message 53 of 75 (1,737 Views)

Re: Continue making video game won’t go away

★★ Novice

Similar issue on ps4, except I didn't cancel the action or end it, it let me name and publish the game, and even gives me royalties for it. When I hit continue it lets me name and publish another instantly, and pays me. Easy money if I was ok with what was basically cheating, but I'm not. I genuinely enjoy working to earn all the things that I have in this game and so it kinda sucks that I have to get my income elsewhere.

Message 54 of 75 (1,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

xbo4 no mods expansions or extras, fairly new game, can't name finished game, can't start new one. don't get paid for the games named, but earn royalties 

Message 55 of 75 (1,584 Views)

★ Novice

Hey.

yeah I’ve been having the exact same problem.  My sim just won’t finish the video game.  I select continue making video game and it prompts me to name it but after I select ok the sim just stays sitting at the computer and the task I assigned immediately disappers.  When I go back to program... it still shows continue making video game and the same thing happens when I try again.  I’ve also tried getting rid of all of my mods and cc and no difference occurred.  How do we fix this???

Message 56 of 75 (1,557 Views)

★ Guide
Just started having this issue today. Sim has maxed programming. I go to continue the video game and it prompts for a name. I enter a name, and nothing happens. The option to continue making the game persists. I did notice that before her skill was maxed out, she'd never finish a game. I'd have to cancel the action, it would prompt for a game name, and THEN I'd get paid. But now I can't finish one at all. I cheated the skill level down to 9 and the issue persists.
Message 57 of 75 (1,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just adding myself to the list of affected players.  Had Travis Scott level up programming.  Couple mobile apps earn him royalties, then had him make a video game.  Can't complete, just gives me the option to name the game over and over.  No CC ever.  I wish there was a compilation somewhere of the top twenty unresolved glitches of Sims 4, so that I could learn to avoid them lol!  ....course, lmk if there is one in existence Wink

Message 58 of 75 (1,499 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Not sure if you were being sarcastic at the end (if you were, apologies) but @crinrict does keep a list of all bug reports under active investigation. I’m on my phone right now but when I get to my computer I can post the link. 

Message 59 of 75 (1,493 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly the problem i'm also experiencing, on my PS4 I have a character leveled up to 10 programming skill, did not have him make any games before but he did make an app before.

Just before he finished the game, a few other things popped up and I kept pressing OK while the game name prompt popped up, which I OK'ed without entering a name. Now every time I open programming I see the option to continue the game, which immediately brings the popup up again, regardless if I enter a name or not, this keeps happening...

Message 60 of 75 (1,485 Views)