Re: [OPEN] Can't finish Video Games/Not earning any money

by cs3k

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Programming Video Games not earning my sim any money

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I mean as far as bugs go I guess it's not the worst thing in the world, I've been just performing the "continue working on game" action every few (sim) days to emulate as though he was actually working on the game... but still would like it fixed. 

@crinrict I have more information as well. I created a completely new Sim in a different save. Got him up to programming lvl 10, created 1 video game as intended and had to actually work on it. Did not get paid when the game was completed, but royalties began the next day. The next game I tried to create, the bug presented itself again. The issue continues to only affect Video Game creation, and does not affect Mobile App creation, Game Modding, Plugin creation, or Hacking. For both of the sims on which I've experienced this issue, the bug does not appear until after one or two successful video game creation efforts. 

Message 41 of 75 (1,426 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm here to add my name to the list of affected, too. Same issue - Always stuck with the option to continue making a video game, get royalties but no initial payout, etc.
Message 42 of 75 (1,368 Views)

★★ Novice

same exact bug here.

Message 43 of 75 (1,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue here, just installed the game today cause i was feeling nostalgic and it's stuck on "Continue Making Video Game" and completes immediately infinitely

Message 44 of 75 (1,293 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Everyone new to this thread, please don’t forget to go back to page 1 and hit “me too” if you haven’t already!

Message 45 of 75 (1,285 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also experiencing this bug for the first time tonight.

Message 46 of 75 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also having the same issue of being stuck in a never-ending loop of naming my video game. 

Message 47 of 75 (1,156 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
same issue here.
Message 48 of 75 (1,050 Views)

★★ Novice
same issue here
Message 49 of 75 (1,018 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just dropping in to note that this issue is still ongoing as of today, even after installing the patch that just dropped. Didn't see anything about this problem in the patch notes, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Message 50 of 75 (1,004 Views)