Re: Publishing Video Game

Hero

@MsPigglyPooh wrote:
 Bleh... When will these bugs end...

Ha, I know the answer to this one: Never :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 75 (2,549 Views)

★★ Guide
True lol. I'm just hoping we get another patch this month with more fixes...
Message 22 of 75 (2,547 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't finish Video Games/Not earning any money

★ Apprentice

I have same problem, comes up to name it and i do and then when i click on program, says continue making video game, and keeps on, seems to me it's a bug

Message 23 of 75 (2,509 Views)

★ Guide

Similar issue, just started happening now.  I tried to complete my sim's game, named it and all, and then wanted him to start a new one.  It just says "Continue Making Video Game" instead.  He's completed games previously, mobile apps too.  Tried resetting and all the usual tricks with no success.  Using MCCC.

Message 24 of 75 (2,470 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I am dealing with the issue of not being able to finish a video game. When I click to "continue making video game", a box pops up immediately asking me to name it. Returning to the programming menu, there is still a "continue making video game" prompt. Unlike the original post, I get paid royalties for every game I name, but she got no programming experience for any of the games.

History - My legacy sim founder got interrupted at some point from making a video game. At the time she was not maxed out in programming; I *think* she was somewhere around level 7, but can't be certain. I didn't have her attempt to finish it for several days, when I attempted to have her finish it, it started this loop of naming and paying royalties, but never completing the game. She has been able to hack, make mobile game and practice programming with no issues, and leveled to max on programming, but the video game naming loop persists. She was a young adult at the time, and in the tech guru career path but had not chosen a branch when the issue started. She is now an elder at the top of the start up entrepreneur path and maxed programming. I assume eventually when she dies I won't have the glitch any more. 

I've tried clearing cache and repairing game several times, no effect. I have another sim in the same game who will be attempting to level programming, so will report back if it happens with him. I have a different save game with a sim with the same traits (geek, genius and perfectionist), and never had this happen to her. However, I'm unsure if I ever interrupted her at the end of programming a video game. Base game, never used mods or cc, added romantic garden sometime but I don't remember if this happened before or after the addition. It did start, for me, after the November 2018 GF patch, version 1.47.51.1020

Message 25 of 75 (2,452 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue where you can repeatedly publish new games, and earn revenue from all of them.

I think I was in the process of making a game while I hit level 10 programming.

Just installed the game a couple days ago, so this is my fourth save file.

If only I could release hundreds of games all titled "a" and receive thousands of dollars daily from them in real life lol.

Message 26 of 75 (2,433 Views)

★ Novice

Pretty much same thing happened on me. My sim got interrupted in the middle of creating a game. The game is almost done but I cancelled it and when i return to computer and tries to finish it, it ask me to name it. Naming it doesn't solve the problem at all, the game is still unfinished in the system and it's obviously a glitch. Maybe EA could implant something like gave up the current project and start a new one like you can do with writing a book. 

Message 27 of 75 (2,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When programming in the game, if I choose to continue making the video game I have been working on, a box pops up and requests a name for the game. After typing in a name the box closes and nothing happens. My sim is left sitting in the desk chair with nothing selected to do.

You can add me to the list of people having this problem. I have done everything suggested and nothing has fixed this.

The game will not let me finish making a video game,

My only choice within the game is to just move on to something else because programming video games in The Sims 4 is broken.

Maybe we could be allowed to sell them with the same bug in the game =D

Message 28 of 75 (2,351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same bug. Please let me know when the bug is resolved, i would like to make a living with my sim by making video games!

Message 29 of 75 (2,265 Views)

★★ Novice
Same happening here, I know it don't add a lot to the thread but at least they will maybe fix it.
Message 30 of 75 (2,235 Views)