by CapitanTony

Original Post

[OPEN] Can't Grab a Boiling Frog Hot Pot serving made on a Grill

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grill some Boiling Frog Hot Pot
What happens when the bug occurs? All the food options are there except grab a serving.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to behave like any other meal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New food item with Eco Living

I was playing a test save to look at something else and noticed that Boiling Frog Hot Pot was available on the grill. (This is an Off the Grid lot.) However when it was prepared there was no option to grab a serving.

Calling to meal caused Sims to come over, but they just stood around without getting a serving. The only way to eat it was to pick up a serving and then eat it from inventory or make a sack lunch and eat that.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.46.46 AM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.47.00 AM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.49.55 AM.jpeg

Adding: I thought I'd check that this wasn't just my Sim and lot. So I gave a Sim a bunch of frogs and created an off the grid lot with all the Grills and off the grid stoves.The Boiling Frog Hot Pot (Really? Such a name.) seems to work fine if prepared on a stove. Not so with the Grills.

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 1.38.33 PM.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (2,701 Views)

Re: Can't "Grab" a Boiling Frog Hot Pot serving made on a Grill

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue with Forager's Stew, you can't grab a serving from the Grill.  However, Frog Hot Pot doesn't even show up as a grill option on my off the grid lot (with lot trait selected) even though I have a ton of frogs in my Sims inventory.

Message 2 of 6 (2,561 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't Grab a Boiling Frog Hot Pot serving made on a Grill

★★★★★ Apprentice

Similar but slightly different problem. My sim can't finish cooking it; had the two frogs, cooked and stirred for a while, then walked away. When I click to resume, it just goes into his queue and instantly falls out the bottom. At home lot.

Message 3 of 6 (2,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this issue with the Forager's Stew - I can neither "grab a serving" nor "call for meal." To eat it, I have to "pick up serving" then select the eat option from my Sim's inventory. When the dish is expired/spoiled, I don't have the option to eat it regardless. I'm using a grill if that matters.

I'm also not sure why these dishes are locked to the off-the-grid lot trait specifically - Forager's Stew and Boiling Frog Hot Pot don't even show up as cooking options if your home lot doesn't have that trait - is that another bug?

Edit: Boiling Frog Hot Pot no longer shows as an option when cooking on a grill, regardless of lot type. I believe it used to, so adding this to the bug report.

Message 4 of 6 (1,971 Views)

Re: Can't "Grab" a Boiling Frog Hot Pot serving made on a Grill

★★ Novice

Just noticed I have the same problem with Forager's Stew. I'll have to force them to take a serving & then force them to eat it or else it'll spoil. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,447 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem.  Forager's Stew and Boiling Frog Hot Pot made on a GRILL does not give me the option to "grab a plate".  If they were made on a STOVE (that functions off-grid), however, the option to "grab a plate" is available.

Message 6 of 6 (1,403 Views)