Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't Check replies for last postcard

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, SP, GP's.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Last postcard in the collection.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to check for replies for pen pal.
What do you expect to see? After finding pen pal, I expect to see the Check for replies to show up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tested without mods/cc and the issue still occurs. I've been able to get every postcard in the collection until the last one (which ended up being appoloosa plains for me) and once I got to the last postcard, the option to Check for replies never shows up. I get the pop up saying she posted and wait a bit, but the check replies never shows. I waited 3 sim days, finding pen pal a few times during that time and never got the option to check for replies.

EDIT (crin): Merged Original thread which had 28 me toos, Changed Tag in title

Message 29 of 58 (11,724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FIND pen pal, Check replies not working

Hero

The Check for Pen Pal Replies option will now display as intended.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 58 of 58 (2,931 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Can't Find a Pen Pal/Can't collect last postcard

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello!

I don't see anybody having this issue, but it's bothering me a lot, as it keeps me from completing my postcard collection

My sim was 'finding a pen pal' on the computer, when the computer broke. The action seemed to have completed, as it appeared a notification on the screen saying 'check back later' stuff, but when my sim repaired the computer, there was no 'check replies' interaction, only 'finding a pen pal' again.

Since then, everytime my sim does the 'Find a pen pal' interaction, the notification is shown, but there is no 'check replies' interaction, therefore I can't unlock new places, and my postcard collection remains indefinitely incomplete.

I sold the computer and bought a new one, didn't work. Two in-game weeks has passed, so time also didn't work. I'm just two postcards away from completing my collection, so a fix would really be appreciated Standard smile

Thank you!

Message 1 of 58 (14,037 Views)

Re: Can't Find a Pen Pal

Hero

Did you try moving the family out to a different lot and then back to this via manage world ? Maybe you need to use freerealestate to keep your money.

Use save as under a new name before attempting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 58 (13,968 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Greetings, and thanks for the quick response!

I tried several combinations, with no luck yet.

- I tried moving my household to another lot

- I tried creating a new household with my sim in it and moving it to a lot

- Finally, moving my sim to an already existing household

None of the three combinations worked, and it seems that the bug is in my sim's state. For example, my sim is half-way developing a videogame, and no matter what I do with my sim (moving him, etc.), the interaction 'resume creating a videogame' (or whichever is called) appears. I mean, if my sim's state is bugged, I think that no matter what I do with my sim, he won't be able to 'Find a Pen Pal' unless, of course, the sim's state is fixed. That explains why other sims in the household can 'Find a Pen Pal' and this one can't.

Do you have any other ideas? Standard smile

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 58 (13,958 Views)

Hero

If moving and resetting doesn't help, I don't know how to get the Sim unbugged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 58 (13,953 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll have to wait for an official fix, then.

Thank you anyway Standard smile

Message 5 of 58 (13,943 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this problem, though my sim's computer didn't break. It just stopped allowing me to check for replies, no matter how many times I try "Find pen pal" and get the notification. And I only had one postcard left to get.... Tried replacing the comp, tried using different comps on different lots, tried waiting many sim days, still no change... This on top of many other bugs I've run into is really frustrating, considering the game's price. I expect a few glitches in any game, but Sims 4 seems either released too soon or just plain sloppy, IMO...

Message 6 of 58 (13,918 Views)

★ Novice

I too am having this problem after my sims computer broke after the find a pen pal interaction. She only needs the Lunar Lakes postcard but never has a check for replies interaction. I am currently trying to find all pen pals with another sim in the household who does not seem to have this problem. I agree this seems to be a sim state problem but will see if my other sim manages to complete my collection or not. Hopefully this hasnt bugged a particular pen pal/postcard for the whole household. Will update.

Message 7 of 58 (13,902 Views)

[FEEDBACK] Can not collect last postcard

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have 13/14 postcards for my collection. Barnacle Bay being the last postcard which I have written letters and requested for almost 2 weeks real time, using these options multiple times per sim day and never recieve anything. I have no CC and have tried buying  my sim a new computer and that hasn't helped. All the other postcards worked just fine but there is something very wrong with this last one. I shouldn't even be able to write and request postcards to/from Barnacle Bay as frequently as it is allowing me to. Thanks for any help.

Message 8 of 58 (13,096 Views)

Re: Can not collect last postcard

★★★★ Novice

I managed to get 11 of them until "Find a Penpal" action stopped working. Now I'm trying to complete it with other sims in the household. (Yes, the other sims don't have the same problem.)

Message 9 of 58 (13,618 Views)