Re: Camera doesn't work right with CS (Czech) keyboard

by Terezka-XP

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Camera doesn't work right with Czech keyboard (Q E)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You have to use cs (czech) keyboard settings
What happens when the bug occurs? Key doesn't work
What do you expect to see? When I use TAB key, I want to get my camera up or down. When I press/hold E, camera goes up. That's alright. But key for going down doesn't work. This problem exists very long time, and other people from Czech Republic (also use cs keyboard) have the same problem. So problem must be with cs keyboard.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I use TAB key, I want to get my camera up or down. When I press/hold E, camera goes up. That's alright. But key for going down doesn't work. This problem exists very long time, and other people from Czech Republic (also use cs keyboard) have the same problem. So problem must be with cs keyboard.

Message 1 of 17 (1,140 Views)

Hero
@Terezka-XP Is it just the D key that doesn't work or also the arrow keys ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (1,104 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict No, I meant that the key for going down doesn't work. (In TAB mode). The Q key.
Message 3 of 17 (1,097 Views)

Hero
@Terezka-XP So this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Camera-keys-not-working-Q-E-WASD/td-p/8536339 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (1,091 Views)

Hero
@Terezka-XP Is the link above the issue you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (1,069 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict No, Q and E doesn't work at all. Not in TAB mod, even in "photo-mode". It must be some kind of bug, what EA needs to repair. :/
In EN keyboard settings it works, but not in Czech keyboard settings.
Message 6 of 17 (1,041 Views)

Hero
@Terezka-XP Photo-mode q and e broken in english on the last patch. So seems cz is just an extension of the other issue as it doesn't work in tab mode either.

Going to leave separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (1,022 Views)

W doesn't work in TAB mode

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 GP: 4 SP: 16 FP: 1
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In TAB mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? In TAB mode, when i press "w" the camera doesn't go down.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see "w" work correctly in TAB mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When i go to TAB mode and press "W", the camera dooesn't go down. I tried it on diffirent pcs,it didn't work. (I also can't open sim profiles on any of tried pcs).

Message 8 of 17 (844 Views)

Re: W doesn't work in TAB mode

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tomiki99 Does it do nothing ? W is going up not down. S is going down.

Does it work in other modes ? Do all other keys work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (830 Views)

Re: W doesn't work in TAB mode

Hero
@tomiki99 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (791 Views)