Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Camera bouncing uncontrollably

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter buildmode on Windenburgs Proprietor's Square lot and look at the lot from different angles / floors.
What happens when the bug occurs? The camera keeps adjusting between your building and the huge background mountain/building that you can't edit anyway, making it nearly impossible to zoom into what you are looking at.
What do you expect to see? The camera focusing only on the lot you are building at, ignoring background stuff, just like it does with other lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am trying to build a house on Windenburgs Proprietor's Square lot, and the camera constantly toggles between focusing on my lot (yellow) and the big mountainous background building (red) behind it. Especially when the camera is facing said background building. This makes it nearly impossible to zoom in on what you are doing, and because it is shifting so much it nearly makes me sea sick. I would expect the camera to ignore background stuff in buildmode and just keep a steady view on the actual building instead.

Screenshot

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 27 (17,651 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Camera bouncing uncontrollably

Hero

We got word that the camera was malfunctioning and bouncing uncontrollably in some
Lots across multiple Worlds. We fixed an issue that caused this, but let us know if there
are new instances.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

When making a new thread, post exactly which area you still have issues with and add a video. It's best to upload the video to youtube or google/one drive and link. Uploading here makes them very small.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (11,888 Views)

All Replies

Re: Wild camera in buildmode on Windenburgs Proprietor's Square making me seasic

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@AlHollandiyah  What are your camera settings?  I tested this in my game and am not experiencing any camera issues in build mode on that lot.  However, I do use The Sims 3 camera mode.  If you haven't already, you might try building in that mode and see if it improves the visuals for you.

Message 2 of 27 (17,589 Views)

Re: Wild camera in buildmode on Windenburgs Proprietor's Square making me seasic

★★ Guide

I am using the default setting. What you are mentioning might be a workaround, as is moving to another lot which I did yesterday. But I still wanted to post a bug report. It is like the camera can't decide whether I am working on the 1st or the 4th floor, and keeps zigzagging between both. Meaning its nearly constantly zooming in and out and in and out. I used the Tilt mode a lot to prevent it from happening but ultimately I just gave up on building there for now. I hope this makes it to the bug list!

Message 3 of 27 (17,557 Views)

★ Pro

@BryonyRae I think what @AlHollandiyah  is referring to on this lot is what I describe as camera drift.  I happen to agree with the OP that it is especially bad on this particular lot.  The constant up and down drift while rotating the camera to follow sims through their day in a home there caused me to discontinue using the lot for residential purposes long ago and far away.  With the advent of Dine Out, I now use the lot for a one story restaurant where I can just avoid rotating the camera for the most part.  BTW, I have the same issue with the smaller lot adjacent to it.  I also use that one for a restaurant.

I don't think this can be considered a bug but a by-product of the world design.  I sure don't know what could be done about it at this point.  I think the lot is probably okay for simmers who can handle camera drift.  Those of us who don't tolerate camera drift well either can't use it, or have to find something to place to minimize camera rotation.

Message 4 of 27 (17,543 Views)

★★ Guide

I can't recall other lots having the camera focus on 'decor' that much. The only other places where I encounter something similar are high lots and apartments in san myshuno, now that I'm thinking of it. If they could program the camera to ignore background decor then it would probably make a big difference I think! But as I'm not a dev I'm not sure what is fixable and what is not!

Message 5 of 27 (17,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I've definitely had the experience of camera drift & drop on multiple lots throughout my time in the game, and I agree that it's frustrating.  I have more issues with it in camera man mode (TAB) than while straight up building though.  I asked about your camera settings, because I started building on that lot and did not experience the issue on it.  Is the build you were working on in the Gallery by any chance?  Perhaps certain aspects of its structure caused the drift to become more aggravated?  It's hard to say without seeing it in action.  I did build my structure up to 4 stories, and messed with various things on each floor.  Also, I did not test the drift in live mode, as the original post described the problem in build mode, not live mode.

Message 6 of 27 (17,532 Views)

★★ Guide

I was actually building something that only had 1 level above ground and nothing else. As I tried to rotate the camera from one side to the other it went all out crazy on me, from the start of building that lot. I haven't even tried actually playing it yet, because build mode drove me nuts already.

Message 7 of 27 (17,523 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I still don't see a problem on lower levels of that lot, but I was able to experience it to a great degree on the 4th floor of a structure I added.  I created a video of it to demonstrate the issue and give devs an idea of why the bouncy camera is a problem for builders (and players).

Message 8 of 27 (17,452 Views)

★★ Guide

That is a crystal clear video. My lot was on the ground floor, the building was as big as the lot (minus a 1 block border on each side ofcourse) and the highest types of walls. No 2nd or higher floors. And I already had this issue. It's really hard to focus on what you are trying to build when the camera swings in all directions like that. And as said above, in City Living it happens to on appartments and penthouses if you are working near the outer wall, allthough it is less sickening then this one.

Message 9 of 27 (17,423 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Camera bouncing uncontrollably

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AlHollandiyah I changed your title to fit the one @BryonyRae used on her list and making it more general as it's an issue on many lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 27 (17,406 Views)