Re: NPCs enter home and garden while Yard Sale is active

by S10bhan

Original Post

★ Guide

This happens in my game as well. In Sulani on the Lagoon Lookout lot specifically. I have resorted to locking all doors. Even have the private dwelling trait on that lot. It was happening before the patch pre-EL.

Message 11 of 20 (1,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@lookingforbexYes, I discovered that this wasn't fixed in my own game tonight. Very disappointing as I was most excited to see this patched. (also informed SimGuru Nick on Twitter about this...that's how passionate I am about this issue. heh)

Edit: noticed it before and after the eco-lifestyle patch (playing in Glimmerbrook).

Message 12 of 20 (1,022 Views)

★ Guide

This happened to me yesterday as well.

Message 13 of 20 (1,019 Views)

Hero
@lookingforbex I re-opened the old thread as despite patch notes this doesn't seem to be fixed then.

Merged your post. Please click me too on the first post if you haven't done so.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (985 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I'm wondering how the new 'no trespassers' and 'no solicitors' options fit into this. I had neither toggled in my gameplay.session. Are the NPCs seeing the yard sale as an invite in the code? Hmm.
Message 15 of 20 (954 Views)

Re: [PS4] Yard Sale Customers Wander Around the House

★★★ Novice

no because then if you invite people over, they cant get in! It's very annoying! No where does that every happen where you have a yard sale and that means you have free reign of the house too! So annoying! It's got to be fixed.

Message 16 of 20 (924 Views)

★★ Novice
@lookingforbex I seem to have this same issue and the npc's are buying anything either
Message 17 of 20 (893 Views)

Visitors won't leave, harvested my crops

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: Nifty knitting, My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio and Luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hold a yard sale and end it early (in the Eco life neighbourhood, the shipping container house). Tell the still coming/staying sims to leave (the orange dot action that works without sim interaction that is supposed to send everyone away from your lot)
What happens when the bug occurs? Used sending away action sends regular visitors away, but unkown people who visited for the sale are still hanging around. One of them picked up all my harvestables from the backyard! The action to send sims away disappears from your actions and the sims who vere supposed to leave continue using my house as if it was commercial lot or their own.
What do you expect to see? After the event ends, buyers leave without asking and in no case use your house as if you invited them in! Also they should leave if you use the action to send everyone away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Okey so I held an yard sale with the selling table that came in the Eco Life -pack. I ended the event early when I had nothing more to sell. Some people still kept coming and stayed, walked into my house and started talking to my other sim who was studying inside. And then one of the "visitors" collected all my crops! I used the "send away" action (the instant one with orange dot before it, sorry not playing an English version so don't know what it's called) but the only sim that left was a friend who stood behind my door, other ones just kept chatting and wandering around. After that the option to send sims away disappeared and I'm stuck with unwanted intruders. 

Both my sims are spellcasters and the one holding the yard sale is a one-star celebrity, if that info has any value.

(I haven't had mods for years now and have done the cleanup)

Here's a save file link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LP68K7Rj6k0rL-8t8kb9rqwJ7_Z_z7A6?usp=sharing

Message 18 of 20 (873 Views)

Re: Visitors won't leave, harvested my crops

Hero
@Sozki I merged this with the yard sale thread.

The harvesting can probably be account to the self-sufficient NAP (I think that's the one that's causing it). Find more info about that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-sav...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 20 (842 Views)

Re: Visitors won't leave, harvested my crops

Hero

Sims rejoice! Yard sale customers will no longer invade their Home Lots and use Household objects. It is a Yard Sale… OUT in the yard, not an Open House.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (3,663 Views)