by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Wedding Fireworks Not Working Correctly

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Content released to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hold a wedding in San Myshuno park. Sims visiting the lot after that wedding will see wedding fireworks go off upon arrival, regardless of whether or not a wedding is being held.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims arrive at lot and fireworks are triggered. This has been happening in my game since November 2016
What do you expect to see? Fireworks should only trigger after a wedding has been held
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue started after installing City Living EP.

Issue

In the first wedding held in the San Myshuno park, the fireworks worked correctly, going off after the ceremony completed.  When my sims and their guests arrived on the lot for the second wedding I held there, the fireworks were going off as soon as they arrived on the lot.  Now anytime I send a sim to the park lot, the fireworks are going off as they arrive, even if I'm not holding a wedding.  I don't think this is what was intended to happen.  Prior to holding the first wedding, when I sent a sim to the park to jog and fish, they didn't ignite upon park arrival.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

As above.  After holding the first wedding at the park, subsequent visits cause the fireworks to immediately go off.

Picture

Attached.  This was sending two sims to the park mid-day to have one fish and one jog, no wedding.

Where does the bug occur ?

Save was started several days after installing CL.

Mods/CC

Vanilla game, always been mod/cc free.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All content released to date

Occurring since

Installing CL.  I know the first wedding was held prior to the 11/15/16 patch and I think the second wedding was, too but won't absolutely swear to that.  Both trips after the weddings for recreational use by sims have definitely been after I installed the patch.

Operating system

Windows 10 Home, fully updated.

Message 1 of 11 (2,061 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Wedding Fireworks Not Working Correctly

Hero

Could you upload your save ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,004 Views)

★ Pro

The save and its version backups are uploaded.  File named dolldrms1WeddingFireworks.rar

Message 3 of 11 (1,994 Views)

Hero

Definitely reproducible in your game. 

I'll send your save to QA for investigation

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,987 Views)

Re: Wedding Fireworks Not Working Correctly

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,966 Views)

★ Pro

Edited first post so new template would be present.  Bumping via this post since issue is not shown on current compiled bug list but is still an issue in my game.

Meant to be helpful @crinrict , not pesky Standard smile  I know it's a daunting task at times to keep up with everything!

Message 6 of 11 (1,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's not on the list as no one tested it so far.  Wink

I'm only putting stuff back that's tested and bumped. There was a lot of stuff fixed that's not in the patch not so I made a clean start.

Assuming you did test it with the new patch, I will re-add

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (1,640 Views)

★ Pro

Yes, my game is fully patched: PC 1.37.35.1010.  This just occurred in a save I started after installing the C&D EP, too, not an older save.

Sorry, I should have thought to mention that when I updated the report.

Message 8 of 11 (1,627 Views)

Hero

Added back 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,591 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Ran into this issue yet again yesterday in a save started prior to installation of Get Famous but had been unplayed for quite awhile until I installed Island Living.

Identical circumstances as in my first 11/16 report. Had a wedding at the San Myshuno park. Didn't return to the lot until I sent another couple there to get married and fireworks were going off on that arrival. Now even if I just send a sim there to fish, the fireworks go off as soon as they arrive.

Game is patched to 1.52.100.1020, play in English, never used mods and all content released to date installed. Still an ongoing issue across multiple save files.
Message 10 of 11 (1,423 Views)