by Circuitboy07

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Watching speech cancels giving speech

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP01 through to EP07, FP01, GP01 through GP08,SP01,SP03,SP06,SP09,SP11,SP13, and SP16.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a club where the good activity is Give Speech(must have CL and GT). Once any Npc starts to give a speech, click on the podium and watch the speech.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the action actually takes place, the NPC's speech automatically stops the second the current sim starts watching.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see the speech continue going instead of it stopping abruptly when I have my sim start watching.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After forming a club with Give Speech as a good activity, watch someone(not in your family) give a speech. The second your sims begins watching, the speech abruptly ends, even if it has just started.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 4 (624 Views)

Re: Club Speech Activity

Hero
@Circuitboy07 Do you only see this in club activities or also when on regular game play ?

It sounds familiar but I can't find another thread but I think it wasn't related to clubs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (581 Views)

★★★ Novice

In all honesty, I have not attempted to watch a speech other than in a club, so I wouldn't know. I have also searched for bug reports related to 'speech' but it returned nothing. I have clarified this as 'Club' since that's what I usually do it in. I will check back in later once I have traveled to San Myshuno and searched for and watched a speech.

Message 3 of 4 (547 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here. I also use this for a club. For me this issue occurs with the podium in San Myshuno as well.

Patchversion 1.71.86.1020

(All except My First Pet, Journey to Batuu, Spooky)

Message 4 of 4 (414 Views)