by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Toddlers can't use elevators

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Mochino Stuff and University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler go downstairs in apartments
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler waves there arms and have the "can't route there" icon above their head.
What do you expect to see? The toddler uses the elevators as usual
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The University patch

Toddlers (and dogs it seems) can't use elevators anymore. They show a route failure. 

P.S. I am the creator of an elevator/teleporter mod and people have been reporting this to me. I checked for compatibility but the elevator XML does not seem to have changed, so compatible, but I suspect the bug might be in the apartment "shells" maybe? 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 6 (2,291 Views)

Re: Toddlers can't use elevators

Hero
@K9DB Dogs have been bugged for a while now but only in the financial district. Never had reports for toddlers before.

Did you see this in all neighborhoods of San Myshuno ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,206 Views)

Champion

I'm seeing this too. I'm playing the Bheeda household in the Spice District and I have a toddler that's unable to route up or downstairs via the elevator to enter or exit the apartment. The parents are able to pick them up and then take them through the elevator, but the toddler doesn't seem to be able to get in or out on their own.

They get the route fail thought bubble when trying to click any spot outside the apartment (if they're inside) or click any spot inside (if they're outside) and actually clicking the "Go up/downstairs" interaction on the elevator and shell building doesn't work either (it's clickable but they get route fail thought bubble).

Message 3 of 6 (1,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

I've had this issue my toddlers are stuck in the apartment and the "go downstairs/up" are broken so they arent able to get down (routing failure) this is the evergreen harbour one in the conifers station  apartment (feel free to archive the thread if its too old)

Message 4 of 6 (1,028 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Toddlers can't use elevators

Is this not by design? I've lived in apartment buildings on city streets, and no one in their right mind would send their toddler or dog out of the building unsupervised. The requirement to carry, or leash (I forget which it is for dogs), always seemed normal to me.

Message 5 of 6 (962 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Toddlers can't use elevators

★★★★★ Pro
@mightyspritesims If it was by design they wouldn't have the interaction + previously you could
Message 6 of 6 (953 Views)