by canelacaliente

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Spice Festival Plants Show Perfect But Seeds Show Normal

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the Spice Festival. Hoover of the plants and then hoover over the fruit.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plants show perfect. The fruit shows normal.
What do you expect to see? The plant types and fruit types to match.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See the below pictures:

05-30-20_5-29-44 AM.png05-30-20_5-29-39 AM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,071 Views)

Re: [CL] Spice Festival Plants Show Perfect But Seeds Show Normal

★★★ Pro

I am also experiencing this with the plants at the Romance Festival.

Message 2 of 7 (980 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Spice Festival Plants Show Perfect But Seeds Show Normal

★ Guide
@canelacaliente I also experience this with the produce at every CL festival. I play on console & can remember first encountering this over a year ago, at least. I’m surprised at how few ‘Me Too’s’ this glitch has.
Message 3 of 7 (938 Views)

Plant Sim Scenario

★★★ Newbie

Just started the Plant Sim scenario and one of the objectives is to harvest a "perfect" plant. I've done it a few times but it never registers that part as being completed. Not harvesting oversized crops, as it advises that will not count. Just regular plants, specifically the ones at the Romance Festival- which are always perfect quality. I've tried harvest all, harvest just that plant. and nothing. It's still "0/1", incomplete.

Message 4 of 7 (766 Views)

Re: Plant Sim Scenario

Hero (Retired)

@ChampOverflow Is this the issue you are seeing? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CL-Spice-Festival-Plants-Show-Perfect-But-Seeds-Sh...

The plant says they are perfect, but the harvestable you receive from those festival plants are only normal quality. You'll need to plant the items you harvested and nurture them until the harvestable is perfect quality.

Message 5 of 7 (758 Views)

★★★ Newbie

oooh. cheeky. love it. thank you!

Message 6 of 7 (755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I've run into this, too. I always "steal" the plants anyway. If you're on a tight budget the Romance Festival will set you up with a lot of expensive plants.

(Which you do need to nurture to make perfect. If you have seasons, buy bees and put the box next to your plants. If you have Cottage Living and golden chickens, they'll fix you right up, but the bees will almost certainly perfect the plant long before you get a golden treat.)

I always assumed this was by design. If a friend gives you a perfect plant, it'll stay perfect when you plant it, or if you harvest your own perfect plant any seeds from that will also be perfect, but plants in the world always seem to be normal. IOW the glitch is that they say "perfect" to begin with!

Message 7 of 7 (711 Views)