[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Sketchpad disappearing from inventory when traveling to event

by AlyssaJolt

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Sketchpad disappearing from inventory when traveling to event

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? deluxe base game, all EP, all GP except parenthood, laundry day, bowling night, vintage glamour, romantic garden, spooky, perfect patio, luxury party, holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gift your sim a digitialistic sketchpad via another sim in another household because your other sim is in university and can't purchase a sketchpad. Upgrade the sketchpad. Put it in your sims inventory. Travel to an event (romance festival from city living is the event I went to, tested going via the notification as well as map, lot travel). Look in your sim's inventory. I did not test just buying one and I did not test a non upgraded one.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sketchpad disappears and I can't find it anywhere. After I tested putting the sketchpad in the dorm trunk to see if it would be safe that way, the dorm trunk now disappears after traveling to the romance festival even when the sketchpad isn't in it. AND the sketchpad STILL disappears after being removed from the dorm trunk.
What do you expect to see? The sketchpad (AND dorm trunk) to remain in my sim's inventory regardless of traveling method/events.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've never used the sketchpad before this so I don't know if this has always been this way/when it started doing this.

I had mods in when I noticed the issue but even without any mods it does this. The only mods that I had in that might be adjacent enough to have impacted the sketchpad would be t but I don't think that it impacts the sketchpad or that it would cause this.

The sketchpad seems to remain not evaporated if I have the sim leave the sketchpad at home when going to the event but I'd like to be able to take my portable devices with my sims when they go places.

This concerns me for when the end of the term rolls around, I'm planning on transferring this sim to the other uni but with the pack up event, I don't want to have the sketchpad disappear during the move. I don't want to have to buy another sketchpad and have my simself gift it again and if I want to keep the upgrade (that the sister did) when they're at separate universities, I'll have to save the sketchpad to a room and use that as the one my simself gifts again (hopefully it will retain the upgrade).

If you need my save, I'll remove my simself and send it your way.

If I remember anything else, I'll try to add it.

(Removed mod link) - Atic

Message 1 of 8 (1,802 Views)

Re: Digitalistic Sketchpad disappearing from sim's inventory when traveling to e

Hero
@AlyssaJolt Does it only disappear when you go to an event or travel on general ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,776 Views)

Re: Digitalistic Sketchpad disappearing from sim's inventory when traveling to e

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict I'll give traveling via the map to a non event a shot but when I tested traveling from Maritime Manor at foxbury to the commons from clicking on the building, it remained in the inventory

Edit: I tested map travel first to the Willow Creek Archive (no issue) and then to the Waterside Warble to test San Myshuno and no issue again. Probably just some sort of problem with events but might be contained to city living events.

Message 3 of 8 (1,763 Views)

★ Apprentice
Forewarning, I've done my best to make this as coherent as possible but it is nearly 1 am my time so, apologies.

So things just got weirder, the spice festival rolled around and I figured I'd test to see if the sketchpad disappears for this event too and shockingly, it didn't! Maybe it's JUST the romance festival/events at Honey Pop (? I think that's the karaoke bar's name in the fashion district)?
Don't know how soon the romance festival will roll around but now I might go ahead and check city living events that I don't go to (I prefer the spice and romance for the harvestables)
If I find that it's just the events at Honey Pop, I'll edit the original form I filled out.
Message 4 of 8 (1,739 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AlyssaJolt I tested yesterday with the Humour festival and it stayed but I didn't test from dorm but from a regular world so I wasn't sure it was a legit test.

EDIT: Was also fine when I traveled from dorms to romance festival.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,729 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict would this mean that my save is possibly corrupted/messed up? I'm not super advanced with this stuff and my sim is also not able to transfer universities but I'm not sure if I'm just doing it wrong as I can't find helpful info when I google.
When the re-enrollment pop up happens I go to change universities but for the distinguished fine art degree but it keeps saying that my sim's skills aren't sufficient to be accepted there but her skills are:
guitar: 7, painting: 9, photography: 5, piano: 6, violin: 8
and she has an A+ GPA
(even when all mods are removed my game is acting this way)
I don't want to give up on this save if it's just a matter of me doing it wrong, thank you for your help.
Message 6 of 8 (1,703 Views)

Hero
@AlyssaJolt Not necessarily. Stuff disappearing from inventory is often a bit random.
I thought I had it too just now but then realized it was lying around in the dorms as my Sim hadn't put it back into her inventory after use.

Haven't tested the trunk at all.

Do you have any other weird stuff on that save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict  aside from the sketchpad, the transferring universities issue, and already reported stuff, not that I'm aware of.

Edit: It's morning now and I'm going to try to make this more concise. (oh that's funny, apologies for the sheer length of this. there's a tldr at the bottom.)

Lag is still the same. What might be new, I had noticed sims resetting more often when I had them in the unoccupied Foxbury dorm (prior to getting my sim the sketchpad). Every sim in the surrounding area suddenly stops whatever they were doing, some might T pose for a split second during that if my game's being more laggy than usual. But I rarely play with the quantity of sims that dorms generate on a lot so I figure it's that (running the autonomy for those sims nearly all the time seems like it would lead to that sort of thing) and the resetting dropped off again after I moved them to the 4 sim max campus housing.

Before I had realized the sketchpad had disappeared, while my sim was jogging around I found her bike just chilling at the spot where she rabbit-holed back home the previous night but I'm chalking that up to something interrupting the "put in inventory" interaction that probably tried to occur. Especially since I've had sims try to interact with my sims as soon as my sims are on a bike so then it's me canceling the queued interaction every time I put them back on the bike and I was not monitoring my sim's queue when I sent her home.

TLDR: The first sentence probably tells you everything you need to know. The lag seems usual. When my sims were in the unoccupied Foxbury dorm there seemed to be more resetting of sims in an area but they're now in a 4-5 sim max housing and it seems relatively fine. A bike got left behind but it was probably just an interrupted "put in inventory" action.

The readability is probably still adjacent to garbage. Thank you and also I'm testing with a new vanilla save to see if I still can't transfer universities for the distinguished fine art degree as I've already repaired my game so many times at this point and it's done nothing for the situation I'm like....genuinely concerned and my other save is on hold until I figure that out.

I did remember this morning that I've had stall vendors coming into the house without my sim's permission? But I'm not sure if one of the roommates tried to interact with them and that invited them in :/ and I haven't checked if that's been reported on here already.

And before I had my sims move, I think a dorm roommate was glitched out because their bed was still assigned to them but they didn't show up for the entire rest of the time my sims were there but I couldn't resetsim them because they've got one of those ' names. I've been chalking that one up to glitchy implementation of roommates.

Message 8 of 8 (1,665 Views)