by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Sims cannot sell objects/paintings at flea market

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs + jungle + vampires + dine out + outdoor + laundry + fitness + vintage + backyard + movie + spooky + holidays
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask a sim to display objects on a table at flea market, and sell them. Ask a sim to display paintings at flea market and sell them. Ask a sim to display paintings at a yard sale and sell them.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nobody comes to buy the objects / paintings
What do you expect to see? Sims buying objects / paintings from the flea market table or the painting display
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. don't remember. a long time ago, after the yard sale display table bug was fixed.

The bug used to exist also for objects on display on a table at a yard sale. But it was fixed in a patch a long time ago.
But in my game, the bug still exists for objects on tables at flea market, and for paintings on display at flea market and yard sale.

Objects - Display Table - Yard sale - FIXED
Objects - Display Table - Flea Market - NOT FIXED
Paintings - Painting Display - Yard sale - NOT FIXED

Paintings - Painting Display - Flea Market - NOT FIXED

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (2,463 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Sims cannot sell objects/paintings at flea market

Hero
@2hCreations Haven't tried paintings lately but the display table worked fine for me last time I tried.

Was it never fixed for you at all or came back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,346 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? randomly - maybe 25% or less? I went to buy snow globes from the flea market table, and could not get any interaction with the items. The table's inventory looked empty, but the table itself had snow globes all over. Two vendors had to leave and a third had to arrive for my Sim to be able to purchase the snow globes.
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  I went to buy snow globes from the flea market table, and could not get any interaction with the items. The table's inventory looked empty, but the table itself had snow globes all over. Two vendors had to leave and a third had to arrive for my Sim to be able to purchase the snow globes. Today was the first time I've seen this.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot purchase the snow globes.
What do you expect to see? I would expect Sims to be able to purchase snow globes from the vending table at the Flea Market. I want my Sims to complete every collection; the collections are easy, cheap decor, so I keep collecting even with other households/instances.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I know of
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch/Eco Living? I've not seen this before today.

Message 3 of 5 (2,142 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ZraizRecoil This is happening with Eco Lifestyle, too. I just set up a Marketplace community lot and am unable to use the tables there or purchase anything from any of the already stocked tables.
Message 4 of 5 (2,111 Views)

★ Pro

I've been encountering no painting sales at the flea market in this save for a couple of different families. Today I thought I would try selling extra collectibles from the display table to see if that's working but nope, no sales.

No NPC sims autonomously walk to either the painting display or table to buy. The only reason the NPC sim talking to my sim came over is because I called him over to try sales pitches. Multiple tries but no luck influencing him to purchase. I tried calling other sims over, too but no luck with any of them. They all congregate around the food stalls area, as can be seen in the attached pic, and simply don't approach the table or painting display objects.  To get any NPC sim even close enough to try sales pitch, they have to be called over.

The painting display was broken for me quite a long time ago but was fixed in a patch. I don't know when the problem for both painting and display tables started again. All I know for sure is that after multiple attempts, the sim families in my save can't sell anything at the flea market. I haven't tried the table or painting display on a home lot because my preference has always been to use the flea market for sales.

Play on PC; English; All content released to date installed; never used mods/cc and game version 1.72.28.1030

Message 5 of 5 (1,792 Views)