by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Sims Freeze While Eating Food That Requires Chopsticks

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim eat a dish that requires chopsticks. This happens the most often while cooking and eating the meal at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will often freeze while eating dishes that require chopsticks.
What do you expect to see? Sims should eat with chopsticks without freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I am unsure of which patch caused it, but I definitely know that this started happening after ~some~ patch. I know for a fact that this wasn't always an issue.

I can't pinpoint exactly which patch caused this to happen, but I definitely know that it wasn't always an issue, and some patch probably caused it. Basically, my Sims will almost always freeze when eating dishes that require chopsticks. Strangely, though, this doesn't seem to happen when eating these dishes in public. When buying them from a stall or something, my Sims finish eating them just fine. But when they eat these dishes at home, they'll freeze while eating. The only way to get them to finish eating is to cancel the action, have them start eating again, and repeating until finished.

Message 1 of 7 (1,540 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Sims Freeze While Eating Food That Requires Chopsticks

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Granted, I don't know if it's ALL foods with chopsticks that do this, but at the very least, I've seen it happen with homemade nigiri and ramen. Hopefully this information helps with recreating the bug.

Message 2 of 7 (1,512 Views)

Hero
What kind of freezes are you getting ? Are they doing something else at the same time ? Are they actual freezers you have to unfreeze yourself somehow or just lags ?

(can't duplicate in my game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

It doesn't freeze or crash the entire game, just the Sim themself. After taking a bite, they'll just sit there holding their chopsticks, not taking another bite. I have to cancel the action, make them eat again, and repeat until they finish because they freeze between bites.

Message 4 of 7 (1,491 Views)

Hero
Does this happen in every save or only a specific one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Every save. I just tested pufferfish nigiri at a restaurant, and my Sim didn't freeze. Just as I thought, it mainly seems to be an issue when making these dishes at home.

Message 6 of 7 (1,474 Views)

Hero
I tried Ramen in my Sims Vampire household (the Sim that ate it isn't) and there was no freezing.

I'll tag as needs input for now to see if anyone else gets this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,471 Views)