Re: Neighbour cannot enter my apartment

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@DDreamkiller711 Tested this and can't duplicate this on my save. Is there anything in the way ?

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 26 (2,206 Views)

Re: Landlord doesn't come in

Hero
@Linkinnnnnnn Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 26 (2,156 Views)

Champion

This actually happened to one of my sims in the game yesterday too, so I can confirm it.

What I did was, knocked on the neighbouring apartment door, the neighbour came out and we had a chat, then I invited him to stay the night, he agreed, but was unable to enter my sim's apartment.

It's like he wasn't granted permission to enter, even after being invited to stay the night.

I've seen similar failure to grant entry permission when an apartment neighbour arrives at your apartment door, but you greet them before they have the chance to do the situation knock they came to do e.g. "Hi I'm bored, can we hang out?". Like if I greet them before they do that, they never get permission to enter and you can't use the invite in option after they eventually knock.

It's like some kind of doing things out of correct order triggered bug.

Message 13 of 26 (2,199 Views)

Hero
Does sound similar to this report too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Landlord-doesn-t-come-in/td-p/7850810/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 26 (2,195 Views)

★★ Novice

@simvasion @crinrict What's weird is that it only affects Salim. When he's bored he can get in or make a surprise pop in, I'll check to be sure but I invited the other neighbour to the party too and she came in without trouble. Both neighbours have the key but they don't need it to be at the party anyway. The landlord was invited too.

So Salim waited the whole party in the hall. Weird bug.

Message 15 of 26 (2,180 Views)

Hero
@DDreamkiller711 Do you still have a save for it ? Would be intersting to have for QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 26 (2,175 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict I don't know if it will be necessary. I  just tried multiple things. I knocked at his door to hangout, he was sleeping. Few seconds later he entered my apartment without knocking so I asked him to leave to do other tests.

I called him to hangout, he was sleeping again (WTH?!) I waited and did it again. I entered without issue.

Finally I threw a party and he also got in. I'm clueless.

This with all my mod installed. (He couldn't enter with or without mods last time)

Message 17 of 26 (2,168 Views)

Hero

I merged the threads and going to as as Sims can't enter apartment. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 26 (2,132 Views)

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 26 (2,086 Views)

Call To Meal No Path Error

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Patio; Glamour; City Living; Strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to Call To Meal while guests are outside of apartment. They cannot enter.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim reacts as as if there is no available path to the food.
What do you expect to see? I expect the others Sims to walk to the food
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Attached is an image of the "Call To Meal" error. Also note that though two random Sims entered the apartment, they quickly left and now no one has entered the apartment but my Sim.

Message 20 of 26 (1,918 Views)